spanish bike holiday special offer

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

agentpineapple

Re: spanish bike holiday special offer

Post by agentpineapple »

more pictures, this time taken by pete.
loaded up on the ferry
this is what greeted us in bilbao, within a few hours of driving it was blue skies and 30+ degree's
spot the spelling mistake hahaha
peek a boo
bikes relaxing by the pool
alcarras race track
nuff respect for the guy on the scooter, he was epic around the corners.
stunning roads
lovely old viaduct
lunch over looking the med
miravet castle
yum yum lunch by the sea again
that's all for now folks!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Glad you had a good time and you all got home safe. Looks fun, but Sardinia is biking heaven :D
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Who can't spell Spanish then :lol: Looks really nice there. I wouldn't want to come off on some of those roads though. One may end up falling off a cliff :eek2 Great pics. :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:Glad you had a good time and you all got home safe. Looks fun, but Sardinia is biking heaven :D
I've never been to sardinia Al, but just ask pete or playerone how good the roads are over here. at one point pete said, feck me malc and al would have a field day over here.
i'd love to put a trip together for the forum, but not many members showed interest this year. and it's something that needs some forward planning.
carl, you'd love it mate, i'd have trouble getting rid of you at the end of the trip.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Can you post a map where you went Marty?
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bigtwinthing wrote:Can you post a map where you went Marty?
that would give away all my secret routes that I worked hard to put together. I can pm you some routes mate, i'll have time to do it at the weekend mate
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

ok that would be good. Spain is Huge though marty. i still yearn for the basque region visit again. i loved that holiday.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bigtwinthing wrote:ok that would be good. Spain is Huge though marty. i still yearn for the basque region visit again. i loved that holiday.
the majority of the rides were in the Catalunya region, although we did also venture into the regions of Aragon and Valencia. I think we averaged about 160 a day.
we had rather large lunches every day, which was enjoying local food, but some days it was too much, and it was a struggle to ride afterwards :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

cybercarl wrote:Who can't spell Spanish then :lol: Looks really nice there. I wouldn't want to come off on some of those roads though. One may end up falling off a cliff :eek2 Great pics. :thumbup:
Don't worry Carl, If you come off on some of them it won't hurt for quite a long time...but you'll have a good while to think about it on the way down :wink: :crazy:
This was one of my favorite spots on the trip. We stopped at a roadside cafe for lunch in the middle of these huge canyons. You can just make out the road disappearing across the valley and into the distance

What you can't see is the road twisting its way to the bottom of the valley and then turning around and coming up the other side. Where you get to do it all over again :clap: :lol: :clap:

Camarasa is Gorgeous

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that C-13 road just north of camarasa is awesome, no other word for it, it was at the bottom of that road that chris had his accident, as pete will tell you, it's very easy to get carried away on that road. as he whizzed past the restaurant as he was concentrating on the road :lol: :lol: :lol:
we stopped at a hostel/restaurant and the views are epic, I will have to get hold of a gopro and video that road, there's a fair chance there will be a video of it on youtube.

looks like they call this run the El Doll
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!