Not so mint Storm!!

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

popularh14

Not so mint Storm!!

Post by popularh14 »

Well it had to happen sometime I guess - my lovely mint condition teal storm is no longer mint :(

Did a trackday at Silverstone last week and all went well for the first three sessions as the rain showers all around the place kept away.
Session four was fine, starting to learn the line and building up the speed, when some guy comes up the inside of me just after Stowe and then with absolutely no warning dives across my front and down the pitlane. In the process he wipes out my front wheel and deposits me and bike on the track! b8stard!! It all happened so quickly I had no clue what type of bike he was on or even the colour of helmet, leathers or bike so couldnt go and have a quiet word with him afterwards.

I was absolutely bloody livid at the time but, with hindsight, both me and the bike were relatively undamaged. One of my gloves wore through on the palm so I lost a bit of skin on the heel of my hand and the bike lost a brake lever and indicator plus scrapes on fairing, tail-unit and exhaust. Managed to cobble the indicator back together and the mechanic at the circuit had a Yam brake lever which he managed to fit so at least I was mobile.

So if anyone has a spare offside front indicator body (or complete unit) that they would like to exchange for beer tokens then they've got a customer here!
lloydie

Re: Not so mint Storm!!

Post by lloydie »

That's rite crap that !
He should of at least came over and offered an apology .
Did the Marshall not see the chap that did it
popularh14

Post by popularh14 »

Nah the nearest marshalls were a bit of a ways away. I did ask the instructors of my group if there was anything they could do but no cctv or anything sadly.

All bets are off on track but an apology would have at least been something!!!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Entry to pit is on the right at silverstone, stowe is a right hander, I don't get how he came down your inside then cut across you?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
popularh14

Post by popularh14 »

I was out of Stowe, hard over on the righthand side of the track, and already had my eyes on the next tight left-hander (Vale?) so when my attacker came up on my left he was on my inside as far as the next corner goes. Think that makes sense!!
Miztaziggy wrote:Entry to pit is on the right at silverstone, stowe is a right hander, I don't get how he came down your inside then cut across you?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk