Snetterton 6th June

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Miztaziggy

Snetterton 6th June

Post by Miztaziggy »

Booked into Inters on the 6th June.

Just wondered if anyone else fancied it?
Miztaziggy

Re: Snetterton 6th June

Post by Miztaziggy »

Well that was an eventful day.

My brother and I only said on the way down, it's been 4 or 5 years of track days now and neither of us has crashed...

Well that changed today I managed to bin it on Williams. It's a fairly long, fast right hander onto a long straight.

I had been timing my laps and getting quicker all morning, until I got past 2 guys that were pretty quick on the inside coming up to Williams. Basically it completely skewed my line going into the corner, and I went in too narrow.

I knew it was touch and go, but it was either brake and go straight on into the grass and risk fking the bike, or counter steer it down. I tried to get it round, but with hind sight, I wasn't shifting my weight and wasn't hanging off the bike. It was very warm, and I was getting tired and lazy.

It meant my lean angle was too much, it got that low that my knee was pretty much touching the track and the tank of the bike at the same time. I knew it was going to slip out, and it did, almost in slow motion.

The silver lining is that the bike was leant over so much, the landing was feather light. The bike just slid at about 70 ish across the track and I followed on my butt. That is until I hit the grass and it literally flicked me up in the air and I did about 20 barrel rolls. Funnily enough though it didn't hurt which is good.

The bike came to a stop on the grass without flipping thankfully. The only damage was a bent frame slider, broken rear brake lever, scuffed exhaust. I also scuffed my new leathers a little which is the most annoying thing of all of this.

A guy in the garage had a spare brake lever that he just gave me for free which was really good of him, therefore I got it changed and got out next session before the doubt crept in. I did the next 4 sessions and slowly built up my confidence again, but it's really not easy to get the confidence back in the bike.

I'll upload the video and stick it on here. The bike spins round after I come off it and there's a good still frame of me sliding on the track on my butt.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Here's the one of me crashing:

[youtube][/youtube]

Here's one from the session before (S2) of some guy getting a massive tank slapper after a bit of a rear slide. He gets flipped up over the bars and his bike continues on for a good hundred meters along side the track:

[youtube][/youtube]
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Glad there wasn't too much damage Ziggy. Looked like you were going pretty well untill slow traffic got in the way :thumbup:
Great footage of the riderless bike. I guess it was having so much fun it really didn't want to stop even without it master :lol:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

I bet those 2 you just undertook shat themselves! Glad you and the bike were OK and carried on for the day, I'd have retired for a month!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Glad you are OK Chris............. see you copied my excuse.................I blamed slower riders for my low side as well, but at least the track photographer caught mine
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

When I crashed on the road a few years ago, Benny told me to get back on it straight away or you'll doubt yourself and lose a lot of confidence.

Glad I carried on now. Had a good day still.

Being off line didn't help, but I've made tighter corners than that, the problem was me being lazy and not shifting weight off the bike. The lean angle was too much.

If I had shifted a bit, the bike would have been more upright and I reckon ok.

Live and learn eh.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk