Novice only track day

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

eamonn

Novice only track day

Post by eamonn »

Novice only track day at Snetterton 23 rd May, anyone on here going ?
Miztaziggy

Re: Novice only track day

Post by Miztaziggy »

I'm booked on the Snetterton day 6th June with 3 of us in inters if you fancy that?
eamonn

Post by eamonn »

After 2 years riding history and 2 track days, and being mid 50,s would love to be out with the faster boys but steady steady, Hope you enjoy it , KTF
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

eamonn wrote:After 2 years riding history and 2 track days, and being mid 50,s would love to be out with the faster boys but steady steady, Hope you enjoy it , KTF
'Standard' track days, especially novice or inter group being fast is a myth. Yeah the fast group I think is pretty quick, I call it the ambulance group as you're guaranteed to see it out once a day at least. I honestly believe though that riders will be more dangerous in the road bike only days / novice days. Mainly because you'll get the same range of speed differential between riders, but this time they'll be trying to ride like the fast group but on road tyres without warmers. Recipe for crashes if you ask me.

I was at Silverstone last week and the inter group was unbelievable slow. On the sighting laps, there were a group of about 3 or 4 people in front of me that couldn't even keep up with the instructor. After the sighting laps I would say 70% of the group were steady or very steady riders, 25% were pretty quick and 5% were very quick.

Anyway enjoy your day. Snetterton is a great track, one of my favourites. Only downside I've found there is they do truck racing and if you get a day after they've done that, there's sand on the track all over the place covering the oil patches. I've nearly high sided on them before.