fabiostar

Re: Op Storm Wales 2016. September 16, 17, 18

Post by fabiostar »

looks like you girls had a ball :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Hi everyone, just back from Tenerife all week, just like to say, what a great days riding we had, and beautiful weather
:thumbup: oh and a great curry Saturday night :beer:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Anyone else fail to notice a camera van on the A5 on the Saturday?
It would appear that I did........ :oops:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

tony.mon wrote:Anyone else fail to notice a camera van on the A5 on the Saturday?

the b8stard... hope it is not going to a new low for op storm when the whole team get a ticket
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:Anyone else fail to notice a camera van on the A5 on the Saturday?
It was mentioned that eve...I never saw it...I'll check the post on Monday for any brown envelopes...

Can't just be you Tony...then again...

Come on then spill the beans...how fast in what speed zone...we need to know...

Points, fine, speed awareness course or have you got to go & see the beak ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
It was mentioned that eve...I never saw it...I'll check the post on Monday for any brown envelopes...

110 on the A5, which I think is a 70.
I already have six points and so it will be a ban, probably six months and £1000 fine.

As far as I'm aware it will be a court hearing in Wales, but I've just sent of the NIP identifying myself.
I was tempted to say it was you, Mac, but it was 110, so that would not be believable.

The joys of public transport await.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

oh feck
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:eek2 sh1t that's not good. I wonder if the 30 over the speed limit counts in Wales. Maybe you can plead that you bike is your only means of getting to work. You could always try softening the magistrate with some Welsh cakes. But don't mention anything about needing to take a Leek.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Balls....You're kidding right Tony?

Was this the one we discussed in the Indian that night?

It was on a short dual carriage way stretch, up a hill and it was on the other side of the road, pointing up the hill at our rear end.

We had been behind a few cars, and I'd seen a car coming other way flash me. I thought you were one of the ones behind me. I saw the camera van as I passed it, hidden very sneakily, so went up that hill at bang on 70. I could have sworn there were at least 4 or 5 of you right behind me at the time and since we had not long set off the others can't have been far behind, going that fast to catch up?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:
MacV2 wrote:

110 on the A5, which I think is a 70.
I already have six points and so it will be a ban, probably six months and £1000 fine.

As far as I'm aware it will be a court hearing in Wales, but I've just sent of the NIP identifying myself.
I was tempted to say it was you, Mac, but it was 110, so that would not be believable.

The joys of public transport await.
Whoops...Get your employer to write you a nice letter to hand over as mitigating evidence as to how loosing your licence will baddly effect your work.

Many moons ago I got snared on the M11 @ 127.84mph...went to court....had a brief on my side, handed over the two letters, one from my employer at the time of said offence, one from then current employers...Got off with £150 fine & a TWO week ban...£50 pound of that fine was for taking both hands off the bars as I slowed down on the hard shoulder...As you do with a bill car behind you... :crazy:

Get a good brief on your side...You gonna go down for it but a good brief can lessen the blow...Try http://www.whitedalton.co.uk/

I'll ignor your comment about my un believable speed as I have court records to prove you wrong...Plus didn't you see how quick I was leaving the Indian that night.... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No way is he going to go down for that. Ban and heavy fine at the worst. But it will require taking your test again at the end of the ban. :roll:
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

another thing you can do is tell them you've sold your bike as you've seen that it's too tempting to use the speed/power. it shows some remorse, I had to do it back it 2000 when I was caught doing 80 in a 30.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

What a sh1t! Times have changed. Back in 2004 I was followed by an unmarked car for nearly 20 miles down the A69 (from Newcastle to Corbridge). The conversation went like this: "Would you like to go to court?", "No thank you". "Would you like to see my video of you doing 120mph?". "Errr, no need officer". "Would you like a fixed penalty?". "Oh, yes please officer". "OK, I'll book you for 99mph, SP60, £60 fine and 3 points". "Ooooo, thank you officer" lick lick grovel grovel".

Don't think it would happen now though...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

bloody hell, i checked the road first but hit 132 on the CBF on Thursday. new screen and checked the dual carriage way, both ways, there are no junctions on or off, then gave it some welly. it was actually still pulling strong at 132( that was on the speedo though) but my phone gps thingy said 126 when i checked it. My mate on his Diaval did 138 !!! better slow down a bit.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I received mine Saturday morning

Must have been trying to catch you lot up

143mph :(