Op Storm Spain Oct 2016

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

agentpineapple

Op Storm Spain Oct 2016

Post by agentpineapple »

vtr1000.org is going to mainland Europe........ :thumbup:
having spoken to my family about using our house for accommodation, and having already having had some biker friends over to stay, I think it's about time we had an Operation Spain.
I think the last week in sept into the first week in oct will be a good time, it avoids all the other rideouts, and the weather will still be in the mid twentys... :cool2
I've spoken to a few people on the forum and so far I've received 4 confirmed and a couple of maybes.
ideally I can accommodate 8 in comfort, 12 at a squeeze.
so there's still lots of spaces up for grabs.
my house is outside of a small town called flix, in the region of tarragona, it's about 45 mins from salou.
the roads are fantastic, the Spanish love motorbikes, and the roads seem to be made with biker in mind.
when my mates came over we rode between 150 to 200 miles a day, taking it all sorts of roads, from the very twisty to the long sweeping 100+ bends.
a European trip isn't cheap but my family have put together a package for us, accommodation, breakfast, and evening meal for 40 euro's a night, that's about £30 at the current exchange rate.
you can also use our washing machine, swimming pool (although I think it'll be a bit to cool for swimming :lol: )
we also have BBQ nights and i'll possibly be able to talk my sister in law into doing one of her big paella's.
we'll also provide towels, bedding, pillows, and drinking water.
so you'll only need to buy lunch and alcohol for the evening.
also petrol is very cheap atm, about 90p a ltr.
there are two options when travelling to our house.
you can use the Portsmouth-Bibao ferry and then ride the last 300 miles, or you can ride down thru france from Calais. which is approx. 1000 miles.
either way you need to factor in a two day journey in each direction.
personally I prefer the ferry, but it will be down to the individual. if you decide on the ferry, i'd suggest putting the minimum deposit down to reserve your place on the crossing.
atm if you travel on the 27th of sept and return on the 5th of oct, 4 bikes, and 4 riders sharing a room, works out at £802, that's £200.50 each, just over £100 each way, now that's cheap, i'm paying £200 for one way in early sept.. :(
https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferr ... -303?st=f3
once I have an idea of who would like to join us on the trip, i'll go into more detail of what you'll need to get sorted for the trip.
i'll post up some pictures of my friends trip from last month, to give you an idea of what to expect..... :thumbup:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Re: Op Spain 2016

Post by Ckennedy »

It is a very good trip to make. Me and the wife really enjoyed it, until I decided to extend my stay by crashing :lol: the roads are great.

Martys family are a really friendly bunch and very welcoming. If you like looking into the sky at night and being able to see the stars then it's the place to be.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Watty

Post by Watty »

Ckennedy wrote:It is a very good trip to make. Me and the wife really enjoyed it, until I decided to extend my stay by crashing :lol: the roads are great.

Martys family are a really friendly bunch and very welcoming. If you like looking into the sky at night and being able to see the stars then it's the place to be.

You're banned ya bugger :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
macdee

Post by macdee »

Ckennedy wrote:It is a very good trip to make. Me and the wife really enjoyed it, until I decided to extend my stay by crashing :lol: the roads are great.

you seen stars inside a tunnel as well and wattys right your banned
told you not to but oh no you knew better
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

here's a few photo's of the last trip..
Last edited by agentpineapple on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Last edited by agentpineapple on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I'll be more careful next time. I promise. Going to have to be :s :lol:

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Looks great Marty.
Just showed the Mrs the piccies but I still can't convince her to come.
I guess it'll be my turn to make do with the donkey :thumbup:

:D :D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Pete.L wrote:Looks great Marty.
Just showed the Mrs the piccies but I still can't convince her to come.
I guess it'll be my turn to make do with the donkey :thumbup:

:D :D
hahaha is that what your calling your new Suzuki......the donkey............ :lol:
btw your names on the list you silver haired devil......... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bazza696

Re: Op Storm Spain Oct 2016

Post by bazza696 »

I thought I would run some numbers for the guys that are thinking of this trip.

175 miles a day average for 8 days = 1400 + 600 miles there and back = 2000miles

say the bike does 45 to the gallon equated to £185 @ 90p/litre, excluding travel to the port from your home address.

Marty's ferry price of £200
accommodation for 8 days @ £30 = £240
and £20 a day for food and drink - £200

estimated total £825.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bazza696 wrote:I thought I would run some numbers for the guys that are thinking of this trip.

175 miles a day average for 8 days = 1400 + 600 miles there and back = 2000miles

say the bike does 45 to the gallon equated to £185 @ 90p/litre, excluding travel to the port from your home address.

Marty's ferry price of £200
accommodation for 8 days @ £30 = £240
and £20 a day for food and drink - £200

estimated total £825.
just to update this slightly bazza, the ferry may cost a bit more depending on how many are travelling, i'll check the prices again, but iirc the £200 was based on 4 sharing a cabin, you also need to factor in the cost of food and drink on the ferry, this will vary, but £20 each way should be plenty.
as for fuel prices, it's crazy cheap atm, and prices are set to continue to drop, but lets hope they will still be at this level come next oct. don't forget European breakdown cover and insurance.
also you might want to budget for some alcohol in the evening, tbh we didn't drink much on the last trip, as we didn't want to spoil the following days ride. but each to their own, booze is very cheap over here.
our daily rides varied between 150 to 200 miles, so an average of 175 is fair.
i'll ask anyone who seriously wants to join us, to pm me in the very near future, so I have a good idea on numbers, then it'll be deposit time to secure your place.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'd like to ask that if anyone is seriously interested in this trip to please contact me via pm, iirc there was at least 6 members that showed real interest. I can't state enough how good the roads are, and how much fun you'll have..... :thumbup:
i'd would also like to ask anyone that is serious about this trip to pay a deposit within the next two months. the deposit will be 25% of the accommodation costs.
it's £30 a night, iirc it's 7 nights(ferry leaves Portsmouth on the 27th but you won't arrive until the 28th of sept, then the ferry departs bilbao on the 5th of oct) = £210, so I reckon a £50 deposit will secure your place on the trip... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

due to lack of interest it doesn't look like this trip will be happening. there is one more space available on the September trip tho. ferry leaves the uk on the 7th, and the return crossing gets back in the uk on the 15th of sept.
if I get a sudden rush of people interested in the oct trip (doubtful) I will still be able to put something together.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
playerone

Post by playerone »

Roll on Sept........again :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

just over 3 weeks to go before my next group of friends come to play with their bikes in sunny spain. I can't wait.
i'll be posting up pictures in September..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!