OP storm SW Scotland Mk4, July 29th to 31st 2016

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: OP storm SW Scotland Mk4, July 29th to 31st 2016

Post by AMCQ46 »

long day there Pete, you will be a zombie at work today!!!!!!!, glad you got home safe and thanks for the company on the way up and back home. What was your total mileage for the weekend?

Was a great weekend and like Ziggy said, you go into a post party depression afterwards, as life is just a bit dull after the tsunami of fun [both on bike and off]. Also MrsMcQ says thanks for letting her join in, and she agrees that you are all a great bunch of "special" characters and she finds it funny how such varied people, who in the normal world would not obviously have anything in common, have such a bond.

And Kev, Paula says sorry for selling your bed for £500, but it was my fault as I figured that your wrist would be too bad and you wouldn't come. did you have fun as I didn't get to say goodbye when we got separated in Penrith?

Christine, great to see you again and sorry for keeping you waiting for and hour, I hope the riding and the banter made up for it. next year bring your mates.......... they don't need to own a Firestorm as you can see we let BMW, Suzuki and KTM owners ride with us, so we have no barriers, you just need to like riding and not take yourself too seriously.

and while people were thinking it was funny that James and I looked like long lost twins

did anyone else notice that Flatty and Ziggy are starting to morf into each other [or perhaps Flatty is Ziggys grand dad.

and the Friday detour up to Alston and then over Hartside pass was a great suggestion By Kermit and Ziggy, that was a great addition. and Saturdays run down the side of st marys loch and back up the beeftub was just that little bit better.
AMcQ
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

Hey Al, thanks for the invite and for organising such an excellent event!! Although my part of the ride was short, it was great fun. You guys are stars, its such a buzz to ride with you all again and great to meet some more folk too. Ha ha, the sheep didnt manage to get me again this year (although the cattle grid nearly did 8O )

Next year I will bring my mate along too. She rides a Multistrada now but she used to own a Firestorm.... honest! I have photos!! :D :D :D
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Just read this, what a bummer Stu, hopefully everything will get sorted for the Wales trip, won't be the same without ya.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Christine....... I suppose because she had a firestorm we can also let a ducati in :lol: is it the new one or the old one? and has she got a good sense of humour to put up with Ady? :biggrin

you also had a bit of excitement with the ford as well, but you caught it well without panicking :thumbup:

a few photos

Ady and Flatty[liney] on the club sofa.

Coffee break on sunday on the ayrsyire coast
Looking at that photo I just clicked that Ziggy spent friday AND Sunday chasing me round at highly progressive speeds while carrying full luggage [and I just had a tankbag!] ........ respect.... must have saved on front tyre wear as it would be coming up over every rise in the road.

Sat Night with the Kelpies
AMcQ
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

Al - Im not sure which release her bike is but she likes a laugh. So should fit right in, I guess. :D

Great photos btw.. you found a settee in a camp site?! very comfy!! ha ha
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Haha, yeah it was hard to keep up at points on Sunday especially.

Some of those twisties with the jumps just before corners were quite scary with a fully loaded bike at those speeds.

I wish I had a video of some of those roads, just to show the sheer length of tarmac, uninterrupted by villages, cars, pretty much anything other than sweeping bends followed by more sweeping bends.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Also - isn't it about time we got Scotland 17 in the diary? :D

I wonder whether anyone would be up for making a longer trip of it, i.e. going up on Thursday and riding Fri / Sat / Sun then home on Monday.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

GreenEyedGecko wrote:Al - Im not sure which release her bike is but she likes a laugh. So should fit right in, I guess. :D

Great photos btw.. you found a settee in a camp site?! very comfy!! ha ha
found it!!!!!!!!.......... I brought it with me, but couldn't get the old feckers off it so I could use it :lol: was still holding air on Sunday, so I packed it back on my bike and took it home for the next OP storm [it has now done Devon and Scotland but it will miss Wales]
Miztaziggy wrote:Also - isn't it about time we got Scotland 17 in the diary? :D

I wonder whether anyone would be up for making a longer trip of it, i.e. going up on Thursday and riding Fri / Sat / Sun then home on Monday.
I am up for it, but if you remember it was you that suggested making it 4 days this year, and then you had to go home Sunday because of work :lol:
and given how knackered I am today, I am not sure I could cope with an extra day riding, drinking, smoking and not sleeping. Its OK for you as you are young and Sophia has been training you to cope with no sleep.

but pencil in the same weekend as it worked for most people and hopefully Kev will be fully fit.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Miztaziggy wrote:Haha, yeah it was hard to keep up at points on Sunday especially.

Some of those twisties with the jumps just before corners were quite scary with a fully loaded bike at those speeds.

I wish I had a video of some of those roads, just to show the sheer length of tarmac, uninterrupted by villages, cars, pretty much anything other than sweeping bends followed by more sweeping bends.

its OK, I always waited :D as I wanted someone to play with, its way more fun with company and I had a double unfair advantage, I knew the last set of roads each side of Corsock pretty well and I had no luggage.

oh and in your last statement you missed SHEEP, there are millions of them on the roadsite and they don't even bat an eyelid when 10 V twins thunder past.

I did have my GoPro with me, I just never bothered to fit it. I could have put it rear facing so it would have seen the whites of your eyes :thumbup:
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote: its OK, I always waited :D as I wanted someone to play with, its way more fun with company and I had a double unfair advantage, I knew the last set of roads each side of Corsock pretty well and I had no luggage.

oh and in your last statement you missed SHEEP, there are millions of them on the roadsite and they don't even bat an eyelid when 10 V twins thunder past.

I did have my GoPro with me, I just never bothered to fit it. I could have put it rear facing so it would have seen the whites of your eyes :thumbup:
Haha, I could tell which bits of road you knew. Most of Saturday and Sunday I was trying to get as close behind as possible to push you on a little bit :twisted:
The sections where you started easing away and I could no longer sit on your back wheel....I guessed you must have known the roads a little and turned it up a notch.

Riding with others is always much more fun. Do you remember the trip to Wales where we had maybe 5 or 6 in the fast group all roughly the same pace (bloody fast pace I might add). That was one of the best rides I've ever had. I remember there was me, my brother you, Budd, Jamoi....who else?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I am sure the group included cheekyKev, Tony, Big Steve and Firespook.

yes that was a fast ride
AMcQ
Watty

Post by Watty »

AMCQ46 wrote:Christine....... I suppose because she had a firestorm we can also let a ducati in :lol: is it the new one or the old one? and has she got a good sense of humour to put up with Ady? :biggrin

you also had a bit of excitement with the ford as well, but you caught it well without panicking :thumbup:

a few photos

Ady and Flatty[liney] on the club sofa.

Coffee break on sunday on the ayrsyire coast
Looking at that photo I just clicked that Ziggy spent friday AND Sunday chasing me round at highly progressive speeds while carrying full luggage [and I just had a tankbag!] ........ respect.... must have saved on front tyre wear as it would be coming up over every rise in the road.

Sat Night with the Kelpies
Cracking pictures :thumbup: , but Ady! Grow some hair FFS 8O you almost look sensible :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

AMCQ46 wrote: And Kev, Paula says sorry for selling your bed for £500, but it was my fault as I figured that your wrist would be too bad and you wouldn't come. did you have fun as I didn't get to say goodbye when we got separated in Penrith?
It's OK, it was always going to be a last minute disision if I could stay or not, such a pity I couldn't, but never mind there will be other times, it was really nice to meet up with with you lot again.
Me and cheekyads both enjoyed it, we went back via the Lakes, taking in Ulswater and Windermere :D :D and my wrist just about made the rest of the ride home, sorry I didn't get chance to say goodbye to you all, but when we got split up at Penrith I was prity much out of fuel so when the others joined the motorway I knew I couldn't follow for fear of running out, so decided to split to refuel, I did give a clear indication to Christen who was back marking at the time that I was leaving the group :wave:
Once again thanks to everyone for making cheekyads welcome and part of the gang :thumbup: :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

kev

we were all needing fuel in penrith, but i turned right to the petrol station down the penrith town ctr road, with ady and chris following, but the lights changed and pete went straight on towards the m6 and then on to the industrial estate looking for petrol..... managed to phone pete and direct him back to us.

good to see you out and about, you would have loved the rides but not the camping :D

James,
it was a pleasure to be out riding with you and the manic grin..... who needs drugs when you can have a V twin?

i expect you and Stevie to make it next year... and Rob to be dried up by then 8O
AMcQ
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

great to have you on bord james,you had the biggest grin all weekend and watching your foot down cornering on the KTM was brilliant. :D :thumbup: