OP storm SW Scotland Mk4, July 29th to 31st 2016

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

agentpineapple

Re: OP storm SW Scotland Mk4, July 29th to 31st 2016

Post by agentpineapple »

I have a black headlight surround you can have mate, and a dubious purple screen. the surround need one headlight lug repairing, other than that it's good as.
great pictures lads, pete looks like a very iffy scout master..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Make a list of the bits you need Stu...

I'll get Frank to have a rake but off the top of me head to get you started...

Std screen.

Std front right indi.

Right hand front hanger.

All in stock.

If you need/want them give me a shout.

I have a set of std forks but they are a bit rough.

Mac.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

stu iv a head light here, send me your addy and il get it posted of to you.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

just home.. busted.. stu hope your ok man. Richard in a merc :Argue 1:

anyhow. left the house friday with the major shits but wasnt gona miss this weekend for anything.. i brought my big mate james with me and hes like a child. says he didnt realise middle aged men like that existed on bikes.

got there friday evening and great nights craic and good food :thumbup: .

saturday rideout. unreal. just roads to die for and riders around you that you can trust completely, just aswell lol.. watching Al being chased by a green topbox wearing storm was worth the trip alone lol.. brilliant. and nice to get a spin on others storms ,.

great time meeting up with old and new friends and having a biking weekend.. proves this is by far the best forum on the net ,hands down :thumbup: :thumbup:

A big thankyou to all of you for the effort everybody put in and Al those road to pick. epic.

long may these storm weekends carry on. it makes riding through the winter months worth every min..

cheers lads well done.

PS. im not fecking small, im compact and iv still got the shits :eek2 :eek2

Rob
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

bugger,untill i saw that post with your crash mate that was a great weekend.big thanks to alistair for being the perfect host and all you lads up there.a great run out with good crack around the campsite.good to hear your not hurt though. :D :wtf: :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

countrymick wrote:bugger,untill i saw that post with your crash mate that was a great weekend.big thanks to alistair for being the perfect host and all you lads up there.a great run out with good crack around the campsite.good to hear your not hurt though. :D :wtf: :thumbup:
good to put another face to a name :thumbup: :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Stu.
Just glad u are ok, what a crap way to end a great weekend.

Me and Pete are last meN Standing , but are absolutely shattered now. Chinese meal and 2 beers And we had to call it a night.

Thanks to all of you for coming up so I could show of my home land.

The smiles on your faces made it all worthwhile.

Now time to sleep
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Well back to it now, 6.30am and a 2 yr old jumping on my bed. Now out the door for the early train into the big smoke.
Wish I was still out on the bike :-(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Sorry to hear about the smash mate, that's never good but at least your OK.

Did someone give Pete some magic mushroom or something LOL Fantastic expressions in those pics. Come on then what was in the bag or was you starring at something else. So Mac has his own Brand of Whisky then. Who's got Kermit now then?

Thanks for posting pics Chris and sadly your right about the forum mate, were a dying breed.
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

cybercarl wrote:Sorry to hear about the smash mate, that's never good but at least your OK.

Did someone give Pete some magic mushroom or something LOL Fantastic expressions in those pics. Come on then what was in the bag or was you starring at something else. So Mac has his own Brand of Whisky then. Who's got Kermit now then?

Thanks for posting pics Chris and sadly your right about the forum mate, were a dying breed.
I spent a bit of time on Kermit on Saturday. what a great storm :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I have some pics of the black headlight surround, not the best condition, but useable, I can also supply a front subframe, it has a very slight twist in it, but the fairings fit as I used to have it on my bike. I might even have a pair of mirrors, although not the metal bases, just the main mirrors.
here's the headlight surround.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Pete and I had a great ride back down, good weather all through the dales, then a bit rainy for the last 50 miles... poor Pete had another 70 to do.

total distance for me was 1142miles since friday morning..... and I am fecking knackered.

but was one of the best weekends I have had on the bike ever... thanks to all who came because it was your company and banter that made it.

great to get 2.5 new guys onto those roads.... Flatline, and Irish James... the 0.5 is KermitLefrog, although he was at last years Scottish trip his chain broke after 20 miles, so he handnt seen the real good roads.
was also great that local boy Andy came over to say hello on friday night even though he was working shifts all weekend... next time Andy you can join us on the ride.

very glad that I tried the roads to the N/E side of the M74, they were epic and as I hadn't done some of them it was liking finding a new band that you love and realising they had already done 3 albums.

weather played nicely and the traffic was sparse and the cops were invisible.

till next time
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

And a really big thanks to Al from me. I only did 560 miles over the weekend but I was fecked as well. I used to think some of the Northumberland roads were top but these really top the lot.

As always, what a nice bunch of people you are. Nothing fazes you. Ady hammering past at 140 on a straight stretch, me wittering on about obscure technical details that are neither interesting nor relevant. Stuart looking grumpy before he even had something to be grumpy about. Pete looking like (as someone else mentioned) a scout master on speed with a pocket full of Rohypnol. Chris being philosophical (no Chris, it's not that bad). Flattie and his fecking peeping bike. Rob's arsehole, really, the less said the better. Mick, just being quiet and laughing at the lot of us and James. What can I say about James except he seemed to have a permanent grin plastered over his face. Not too sure if that was due to riding with a bunch of certified lunatics or (and I suspect this is the truth) that those roads cannot be traversed without creating a happy face.

Love you all.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
adyf

Post by adyf »

Well what a fantastic weekend again , big thanks to Al for organising well done mate , a special thanks to Pete for following the big beemer as it was trying to kill me on those little roads and never complaining, and to all the other reprobates thank you for the laughs that's why I go to the meets it's just nonstop stupidity and I love it! Lastly I think we might see James again as he was like a kid on Christmas morning what a lovely guy, peace ya all roll on wales
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Home now. :D
Fed, watered, warmed up and dried out. Thanks to everybody for such an epic weekend. Sorry to hear you had a poor ending for yours Stu :( Hope you get something sorted. It was a pretty well sorted Storm it would be a shame if it was it's last outing
I didn't get around to taking too many pictures this time but I'll have a look and see if there are any worth posting.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal