OP storm SW Scotland Mk4, July 29th to 31st 2016

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

MacV2

Re: OP storm SW Scotland Mk4, July 29th to 31st 2016

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Is the bloke on the left at the rear of that photo an extra from Chariots of Fire, the unfit feckers version, or an escapee from the local home for ageing and confused punk rockers? Or Mo Szylak from the Simpsons? :wave:
:lol: :lol:

Funny as fek Kev...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

...But to be fair...talking of Forum members with Simpsons characters traits...

Has anyone actually seen Kev lately ?

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

kev reminds me more of the character from family guy............herbert the pervert

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Hmmmmm, sweet Jesus !
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Fabulous time lads. Hope you all had a great time.
Unfortunately my day got worse as it went on.
I'm in one piece but think the bike may have had its final run.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Just got back in after a great weekend. Pretty tired now, but have a big case of post Op Storm blues. Always depressed when these weekends are over.

Really excellent weekend though. Started well on Friday with a nice ride up to Settle with Ady and Flatty, on to Barnard Castle then Penrith picking up Al, Pete, Kev, Christine. Just about out ran the rain and stayed dry all the way up to Kircudbright to meet up with Ian, Mick, Stuart, Rob and James.
Set up the tents in a bit of a rush then straight to the pub for a great meal and a few beers.

Saturday we rode out after breakfast and again managed to stay dry all day. Top quality roads, very little traffic, no police, epic :-)

Back to the camp site on Saturday evening for a quick change and out again for tea at the chippie and more beer.

Sunday morning 4 of us (Al, Ian, Pete & me) had another ride out, this time through the forest and down the coast. Even better roads, again no traffic or police :-D

Al - thanks for leading the rides as usual. It makes my weekend chasing you through those twisties at that sort of pace, probably the biggest reason I come for the meets. Can't wait until the next one now.
Pete - thanks for back marking the morning. We couldn't have the ride without the back marker, but you showed what you could do later in the day, pushing up Al's butt into the twisties.
Ady - thanks for back marking the afternoon. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow. Great weekend again mate, will see you for a local ride soon?

Rob / James - it was a pleasure to meet you both. Great crack, great ride, though I still can't work out how you kept up with that back tyre sliding Rob, you must ride like Rossi 8O Nice looking yellow storm you have there. James can really ride that KTM like a boss. You would have loved the ride today, the roads were excellent. Hope to meet you both again at the next one.

Stuart - sorry I didn't get to say bye. Hope you made it back ok, and I'll see you soon.

On a slightly more sombre note, it was a 3 hr ride home, and I was thinking about what we had talked about during the weekend. Someone mentioned that this forum's first meet had like 100 people turn out.
Obviously they don't make the bike any more, so we're always going to be limited on numbers now, but, eventually, this forum will die out.
All of our time here is limited and there will only be a finite number of these meets. You likely won't know it at the time, but there'll be a last time each of us goes on one of these Op Storm weekends.
One of these days I'll probably be telling my daughter about the club I was once a member of and the biking weekends I used to go on.
It just makes me appreciate the weekend even more. Here's to the next one :beer:

I'll post some pictures up shortly.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

grumpyfrog wrote:Fabulous time lads. Hope you all had a great time.
Unfortunately my day got worse as it went on.
I'm in one piece but think the bike may have had its final run.
What's up Stuart? What's wrong with your bike?
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Merc that was overtaking a tractor that I was following decided to do an emergency stop, no place for me to go except over the Merc.
5 miles from home!
Front end is mangled.
Don't hassle me
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

grumpyfrog wrote:Merc that was overtaking a tractor that I was following decided to do an emergency stop, no place for me to go except over the Merc.
5 miles from home!
Front end is mangled.
You're kidding?
Are you OK?

WTF 8O

Why did he stop while overtaking?
adyf

Post by adyf »

Frigging he'll stuff you OK mate? Was just looking thru the posts and this is the last thing I wanted to see , if you need anything ring me mate I'll do all I can , please post up and let us know your OK.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I'm just bloody sore and pissed off. Will assess it all in the morning but Def need full front end if I'm going to fix it.
Don't hassle me
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

grumpyfrog wrote:I'm just bloody sore and pissed off. Will assess it all in the morning but Def need full front end if I'm going to fix it.
Really glad you're OK Stuart.
Sorry to hear about the bike.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Friday - Ride up in Hawes

Friday - Stop at cafe near Alston

Friday - Finally at Dumfries for Fuel

Friday - At the camp site / In the pub

Saturday - Ride Out

Saturday Evening

Sunday Morning

adyf

Post by adyf »

I'll be putting an mot and taxing the f800r if you want to borrow it mate , I can get both bmw in the transit and pick you up to go to Wales, might even let you play on the big boy , chuffed you are just a bit sore did the trouser furniture take a kicking? Forum will get the bike better than ever I'm sure ,as Tony says it's an upgrade opportunity! It's a fcuker buddy just glad you're OK.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

ImageImage

Just considering myself to be a lucky lad.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
Don't hassle me