Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Flatline

Op Storm Testimonial thread

Post by Flatline »

Please add your comments to the thread

Lets encouraged people to join in

It would be fantastic to get 30+ riders on Op Storm Yorkshire Dales in May
Last edited by Flatline on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
grumpyfrog

Re: Op Storm Testimonial thread

Post by grumpyfrog »

Absolutely brill weekends.
Total mixture of folk who bond over the general love of bikes, talking b0lloxs and drinking in moderation.
great way of finding out things about your bike you never new, great way of getting out to new roads.
Putting faces to names is always good.

As for the riding, it's at your own pace. be prepaired to be led astray by Ali and the crazy bunch or get there a few mins behind by the rest of us..

Go on, you know you want to.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I turned up to the Wales run 4 yrs ago,when I didn't know anybody, and within 10 mins it was like finding old friends....... and that was just in the pub on Friday night!

after a great days riding Saturday, that night was even better :D

since then every time new faces turn up it improves the event for the better, and even the times it has been raining, we still have a great laugh with a great mix of people.

do you like Firestorms?
do you like riding great new roads?
do you like riding with a group of similarly skilled riders?
do you like to swap stories over a beer and a camp fire?
do you ever wonder if its possible to get more out of this forum, or out of your bike?

if you answer yes to any of these........... then get to an operation Storm ride out, you wont be disappointed.

once you have been on one, the rest of life is a bit of a disappointment :lol:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

new members should have a read through the threads from last years meet ups.

see how the posts at the end of the thread, after the event, all the people are still buzzing!

wales
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14&t=33662
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 97#p354493

scotland
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14&t=30288

Yorkshire
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14&t=28886
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I thought it was rubbish...hated every moment of it...

:lol: :lol:

Which is why I'm booked in for OP Devon & will prob do Wales again this year... :thumbup: :thumbup:

My post Wales 2014 write up...

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 40#p354458
Last edited by MacV2 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Post by popkat »

Although it's the first year of Op Devon storm, the precursor was CK's stag do last year

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... it=stag+do

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

popkat wrote:Although it's the first year of Op Devon storm, the precursor was CK's stag do last year

oh the memories...... :lol:
from lloydie berry picking on his bike to me and Jamie having to shelter in a petrol station to avoid torrential rain, to madame marti, to buckets of pimms, not to mention great roads, and even better company..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

AMCQ46 wrote:I turned up to the Wales run 4 yrs ago,when I didn't know anybody, and within 10 mins it was like finding old friends....... and that was just in the pub on Friday night!

after a great days riding Saturday, that night was even better :D

since then every time new faces turn up it improves the event for the better, and even the times it has been raining, we still have a great laugh with a great mix of people.

do you like Firestorms?
do you like riding great new roads?
do you like riding with a group of similarly skilled riders?
do you like to swap stories over a beer and a camp fire?
do you ever wonder if its possible to get more out of this forum, or out of your bike?

if you answer yes to any of these........... then get to an operation Storm ride out, you wont be disappointed.

once you have been on one, the rest of life is a bit of a disappointment :lol:
+100000000000000 :thumbup:
agentpineapple wrote:
popkat wrote:Although it's the first year of Op Devon storm, the precursor was CK's stag do last year

oh the memories...... :lol:
from lloydie berry picking on his bike to me and Jamie having to shelter in a petrol station to avoid torrential rain, to madame marti, to buckets of pimms, not to mention great roads, and even better company..... :thumbup:
That was a fantastic weekend :)

I was a bit unsure what to expect on my first OpStorm Wales as there's such a mix of riders on the forum, but the moment I landed in the campsite I was made to feel very welcome by all. The diversity of the group really enhances the atmosphere for the better, great company, bikes, food, beer & the roads are out of this world (Wales is basically another planet right?).

Since the first rideout I joined, I signed up to most of them straight after.

It's one of only a couple of reasons I'd come back to the UK, to ride with my pals again!
Jamie :wave:
geodude

Post by geodude »

When I organised the first Op Storm in Wales 4 years ago, it was a case of "I'm going camping in Wales and I invite you to join me" What happened next just amazed me. Great people turned up and we all hit it off from the first moment. The rides, albeit eventful in some cases, were fantastic, and the support for everyone else at the meet was phenomenal.

Due to personal reasons, I have not been able to organise the rides of late, but others have taken on the task and made them even better. These rides now cater for all levels. They cater for all bikes. They cater for all sorts!!

The locations are amazing. They have some of the best roads and scenery the UK has to offer. They are all very well organised and the leaders/tail gunners really know what they are doing.

So if you are umming and ahhing, sort it out, get your name down and go to one. You will not regret it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Note: Don't let your ego get the better of you. For your first time, consider trotting rather than galloping!

First video of the first Wales Op Storm
[youtube][/youtube]
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Watty

Post by Watty »

Never been to any, but signed up for this years Yorkshire dales! Followed all the post Op Storm posts and it looks awesome. What also think is great is how welcome non Storm owners are made to feel, which I'm sure doesn't always happen with other one make clubs/forums. Bloody great the lot of ya :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

we even tolerate owners of teal bikes, only just mind..... :p
should really be..... :Banned:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote:we even tolerate owners of teal bikes, only just mind..... :p
should really be..... :Banned:
Stood to be shot at there........... As usual :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

here is a quote from one of the new guys [still only 5 posts.... perhaps we frightened him off after that!] who turned up in wales last year.

I think this sums up the sprit pretty well from a new comers point of view.
Knobby69 wrote:A message to all those who turned up at Rhayader. Thank you for making me most welcome(as I did not know anyone before meeting them yesterday) and not taking the mick after knocking off my kill switch just as I arrived and wondering why it would not restart! I am used to dirt bikes where you just press to stop and road riding has been an extremely rare treat. I had a wonderful time, made all the nicer by those who took it upon themselves to organise the whole event. Being surrounded by revving V-twins really added to the fun.

Lots of mickey taking that was all handled with a sense of fun. If you were wondering if it is worthwhile going, but could not make it.......yes it is(even for me with a snapped ridge pole and and a collapsed tent dripping condensation on my face all night!) Never, ever a posefest, just people with my kind of attitude to riding

I left a little early for breakfast at a friends in Llanidloes, so again thank you and I hope to see you next year and perhaps at some other gatherings soon too.

Hope you all got home safely

Nigel (Black 97 + Fuel cans)
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

and a quote from a new Girl, who wasn't sure if she should join us on the Scotland meet up, so just came out to meet us on the run up through north Yorkshire and Cumbria.
GreenEyedGecko wrote:Had a great time on the run today. Excellect roads, tight twisties over Buttertubs pass and open sweeping curves on the A6.

We raced ahead of the weather front and (mostly) had some good dry roads. Mind the suicidal sheep had a go at one point. This wooly git ran across the road, trying to head butt my rear wheel and this other one just stopped right in front of AMCQ.

But riding in a group like that was excellent. Thanks for making me so welcome. You guys are the bees knees. :D :D

Hope you get plenty of good weather over the rest of the weekend.
brave move to meet up with a bunch of strangers you met on the internet :lol: , but as you can see it was all good :D .... She will come for the full weekend next time :thumbup:
AMcQ