Re: MotoGP Silverstone

Post by Pete.L »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:Behind 2:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
mattster

Post by mattster »

Had a brilliant weekend at Silverstone - never been before, so spent all day Saturday walking round the circuit, stopping off at various points to see the action. Two things stand out for me:

1) Moto3 bikes - the noise?!?! It was like having a swarm of angry bees inside your head whenever they went by.
2) Moto2 riders - balls the size of watermelons! Firing up the Hangar Straight three abreast, then throwing the bikes into the right hander, elbows flying everywhere... Brilliant!!

Sunday was spent in Woodcote B, so a perfect view of the Start/Finish line and approaching corners. :thumbup:

Got a few pictures..

Donington Park next year - I'll most likely be there, unless I get my finger out and plan for Catalunya or Brno!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good photos Matt... I took none!
was good walking round on Friday and Saturday watching from all different places on the track, the speed when they hit the braking point at the end of the straights and the back wheel lifting, the elbow on the ground coming straight at you through a bend... epic

I agree the noise was something else... where we were sat we had it echoing between the "wing" and the grandstand in the international pit straight as the exited club corner, and by half way through Saturday I was wearing earpugs !

for Silverstone you really need to be in a grandstand to get a good view, and even then they are a long way away from you, I think Donnington is better.
and don't get me started on the cost of parking, but on the plus side they had it well organised so getting out after Moto3 was pretty painless.
AMcQ
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I will be going if Donnie wins the bid for next year cause I was not impressed by Silverstone 3 years ago, but will be going VIP to get autographs of Rossie etc. before he stops racing.
Damon777

Post by Damon777 »

Amazing racing and great overtaking into Vale and Club. Lean angles are insane, stayed to watch the redbull rookies and bloody hell they are loud!
Glad I took the bike as the traffic all the way to the m40 was slow. Cant wait for donington next year :thumbup: