**IMPORTANT INFO** for all Operation Storms/Meet & Rides

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

geodude

Re: Important Info for Operation Storms/Meet & Rides

Post by geodude »

Good words there ABB.

Some people just like to ride. Using the drop off system allows people to be a bit flexible. You can take it easy and admire the view (in which case, wave other riders past) or you might want to play with the throttle a bit ignoring the view :twisted:

The most important thing is that EVERYONE rides their OWN RIDE! Yes we are in a group, but riding a motorcycle ain't a team sport people. You are responsible for the your safety and those around you.

We need to work as a team for the marking system to work though :thumbup:

DON'T go round a bends at the same speed as the bike infront if it is faster than you would normally - Is your bike set up as well as the rider in front?
DON'T follow the rider into an overtake unless it is safe to do so - Can you see a clear gap ahead??
DON'T ride up the chuff of another rider - Are you brakes as good as theirs?

All common sense really :thumbup:

It would be nice to have nice safe, uneventful fun rides please :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Ckennedy

Re: Important Info for Operation Storms/Meet & Rides

Post by Ckennedy »

I would deffently agree with the rule of ride your own ride. When I went on my run with AMcQ sunday just gone it was a great run but hard work doing some of the roads at those paces. Do not get me wrong it was a good and useful challenge trying to ride that quick in the dry and the wet which did me a lot of good as it gave me a lot more confidence in myself being able to feel what the bike was able to do. The only down side was is that I could feel myself starting to loose concentration a bit in the last 75mile or so, so there were a few stupid mistakes made as I was feeling mentely shattered. AMcQ did not say we had to keep up with him but it was something I myself wanted to try to improve my confidence and riding. And given the mileage, around 420miles when I got back to my house, it was a long day and I have not done that mileage in a day before so it was all a shock to the system.

There is nothing wrong with pushing yourself a little at a time rather than just jumping in the deep end. When you feel more comfortable with riding quicker/different lines or something that is not normal then try something else and build up on it. Do not go and follow the fastest man there if you are not used to riding at there speeds. As Geo said, their bike might look the same but is it? you never know.
geodude

Re: **IMPORTANT INFO** for all Operation Storms/Meet & Rides

Post by geodude »

bumped for cheekykev :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories