Re: Bottesford to Skegness - Sunday 19th

Post by Snoogle »

Whats the route mate?
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

You start here, the Red Lion at Bottesford. As it says on the website:

The 11th Air Ambulance Charity Run from the Red Lion at Bottesford, (off A52 Nottingham to Grantham Road) to Lilywhites Social Club, Skegness Town Football Club Meet at the Red Lion Bottesford from 09:30a.m - refreshemnts inc tea, coffee & bacon butties will be served. Leave at 11.00a.m. More info ring Alby on 07762-242309 E-mail alby.white@ntlworld.com OR John Bartlett 01780 762531 A donation of £5 per bike will be collected for the Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance – just hope you are never going to need them.

I've been for the past few years, there is usually about 200 bikes so it's well attended. We usually make a day of it and get lunch in Skegness before the run home 'the long way round'.
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Don't forget to factor in regular fuel stops then mate :lol:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

definately up for this, wont make any plans but if you see a yellow storm with a legend (leg-end) in all black there come and give me a shout :thumbup:
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

hugeduck wrote:definately up for this, wont make any plans but if you see a yellow storm with a legend (leg-end) in all black there come and give me a shout :thumbup:
I'll look out for you, I'll be with a crowd of assorted Hondas - Deauvilles and Pans.
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

Done this a few years ago but abandoned the group at Tattershall as it was embarrassingly slow and was choking on fse fumes, gave our money to John and went for a ride to Mablethorpe. :thumbdown: :twisted:
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

I saw you mr JC I was looking at your bike in front of the pub was going to say hello but you all started to get ready to go. How was the rideout? I was only out for a few hrs for a bit of B road scratching thoroughly enjoyed myself till the enemy known as the little red light came on and signaled time to go home. :twisted:

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

Diabolus wrote:I saw you mr JC I was looking at your bike in front of the pub was going to say hello but you all started to get ready to go. How was the rideout? I was only out for a few hrs for a bit of B road scratching thoroughly enjoyed myself till the enemy known as the little red light came on and signaled time to go home. :twisted:
Oh, shame!
I saw (or rather heard that distictive sound of throbbing v-twin) a 'Storm arrive just as we were getting ready to leave. Shame I missed you. We had a great day - more of that later - and got back at 6:30pm after 215 miles. Next time !
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

mr.john.coates wrote:
Diabolus wrote:I saw you mr JC I was looking at your bike in front of the pub was going to say hello but you all started to get ready to go. How was the rideout? I was only out for a few hrs for a bit of B road scratching thoroughly enjoyed myself till the enemy known as the little red light came on and signaled time to go home. :twisted:
Oh, shame!
I saw (or rather heard that distictive sound of throbbing v-twin) a 'Storm arrive just as we were getting ready to leave. Shame I missed you. We had a great day - more of that later - and got back at 6:30pm after 215 miles. Next time !
Yes that was me I had been on that cracking road between Newark and Bottesford. :thumbup: