Well Pi--ed Off!!!

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
orangestorm

Well Pi--ed Off!!!

Post by orangestorm »

After havin a great ride last Tuesday Grane Road, Belmont, Rivvi Barn I got home from work last nite to find a letter from Her Majesty's Constabulary awarding me 3 points and the complimentary £60 fine towards the police christmas party (bast--ds) 38mph in a 30zone..Mobile camera on the A666 outside Darwen beware... :evil: :evil: :evil:
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Seen that one a few times, they usually have it at the bottom of the hill where the trees overhang the road?

Tough luck matey :?
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Bugger...rough luck chuck.....fekkin Devils Highway Robbery.
Luckily i don't go on that road...but the buggers also tend to hide up on the Belmont road...so i ride like a vicar over there..then go like a mad woman over the blue lagoon road lol :twisted:
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Before you meekly return the form and cough the £60, take a look at this site
http://www.pepipoo.com/

The way these clowns 'organise' the speed camera thing there's so much wrong/ illegal/ against the rules etc that its definitely worth arguing

Plus if they've used an LTi-2020 its still not been ratified for use against bikes!!
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
kevg

Post by kevg »

i heard on the radio yesterday that they are now going to try and give you 6 points if you don't disclose who was driving if you get a ticket, 3 if you do...seems to have been one of the loopholes they are trying to hammer closed...whats all that about.
cheerz

kev
orangestorm

Post by orangestorm »

Cheers Guys n Gals :lol: Has anyone ever applied and got a caution.Apparently at CERTAIN :?: :?: speeds you can request this but you are only allowed one in a three year period. . I think I will request photographic evidence to asscertain what equipment they used :idea:
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Orangestorm some areas will offer you a speed awareness course takes about 2 1/2 hrs rather than points for low level speed offences such as yours, but the offer is usually made at the time I am not sure you can request it.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Captain Shapeless

Post by Captain Shapeless »

It's probably too late now, but always demand to see the photographic evidence.

I receieved a letter from the local Plod saying I'd been clocked doing 57mph in a 30mph zone. I thought this was a bit odd, as I normally stick pretty rigidly to 30 zones, so I asked to see the pictures (which you are legally entitled to see), and also to send me another form to complete as my youngest niece, bless her, had decided to spill orange juice over the original.

Four photos came back, taken from a mobile camera in black and white and out of focus. On only one picture can you make out anything on the number plate - unfortunately, this was the last picture, which shows the speed, fortunately my number plate was partially obscured by a lamp-post! More to the point, there was no form with photos, even though I had expressly requested one in my letter to them. I thought I'd hang on until the form comes to decide what to do - that was nearly three years ago, and I still haven't heard anything.
Black VTR + loud pipes = big grin + many car alarms set off
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I thought this stuff didn't work :!: Anybody know any different :?:

http://www.photoblockeroffer.com/specia ... &srec=true

Chris.
lee67

Post by lee67 »

cant see point posting complaining of receiving a speeding fine, if u cant do the time dont do the crime....38 in a 30, your speedo probs readin 40 or so...so too fast, take the fine and learn from it, and no its nowt personal..ive had a clean lic for 24 yrs now, and intend to keep it that way...thats why i ride to speed limits :roll: , and yep i feel the same about race cans/diddy plates etc...they come into squires moaning, fecking coppers just done me for my cans....well yeah there loud race cans..need i go on :wink:
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Watch it Lee your Halo might slip!!!!

Some thoughts on 'Angelic Bikers' Click the Link Dammit!!

Not that I condone breaking speed limits especially 30, but sometimes I just think Sanctimonious W#@&ers

:roll:
Last edited by RedStormV on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alan

Post by alan »

Says Lee who cut his baffles down!!!!!!! i agree if your caught speeding its a done deal but there has been situations where people have been stuffed up the butt by the long arm of the plod, but i have to disagree about loud cans and SOME small plates :lol: :lol:
lee67

Post by lee67 »

yep i did cut the baffles down alan, but they were fitted :wink: ..i tooo have small plates, but not so small to attract the plod...never been tugged in 24 yrs and always fitted smaller plates..7x6 is usually ok...i aslo agree sometimes , peeps get tickets for wrong calibrated speeds....but as a simple rule, if u get caught speeding!! why moan ??...it aint gonna get those 3 points back...if it bothers people that much...SLOW DOWN :wink: oh and graeme, ive preached same sh1t for all my riding life..thats me m8..take it or leave it..and yep i have the balls to say it face to face if i have to..preach over...now get out there and ride, have fun saty safe and dont speed( ok maybe a little where conditions dictate)
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

lee67 wrote:yep mines an 01 with the smaller tank......two up steady 80 mph or so..odd overtake at 100 or so....put in £16 all day and did 170+ MILES...only had bike 2 weeks, last week did 113miles to £10..solo...but im used to riding v twins, just come from a beast of a tl'...still cant grumble for mpg...maybe the dynojet/k&n and dyno runs have helped overall mpg :?:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now where's that halo?

Sanctimonious - Definition = hypocritically pious or devout

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree matey - you shouldn't really complain if you get a tug as long as it's justified. It's when you know they're doing it just to pee you off that it gets people angry - case in point Alan on the thread posted as link earlier.

lee67

Post by lee67 »

yep graeme, i do speed now and again.....ok most rides lol..but in 30's/40's i stick to em religiously...whereas in a national speed limit...i have been known to do 3 figures, as and when conditions allow...yes even 170 mph or so....but my point is, i woudlnt go on a public forum and moan if id been tugged, nothing more nothing less :wink: