What a fool am I!!!

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
Radiator

What a fool am I!!!

Post by Radiator »

Afternoon all

Well for all of you who know Squires cafe and the roads around , Barkston Ash village is just down the road. I was returning to Squires for a well earn't coffee from Church Fenton .i stopped at the junction in Barkston and look to my right and saw.....

A dark coloured slow moving volvo (T5 I think) who slowed even further on seeing me ,I know I know I should have twigged. I pulled out in the direction of Sherburn and low and behold within 300 yards blue lights and grill filled the Storms mirrors. Surely not me officer. Well " 44 mph in a 40 that's what you were travelling at,come and sit in my car" he said :oops: :oops:
Couldn't believe it ,I was fuming he let me out to catch me 8O 8O
I was lucky he only gave me a written warning :roll: :roll: He then tried to engage me in small talk...Errrr no thanks ,so without a word I got out and closed the door. I know it's his job but 44 mph 8O 8O 8O
Just a warning AGAIN to look out for that Volvo estate in North Yorkshire!!!

Peter
The old Northern man looking for that thing I lost years ago .From Leeds West Yorks.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Doh! :oops:

I supose you should think yourself lucy Pete, you could well have given them much more to do had you lifed the front wheel or given it a fist full.

Can they do anything other than tick you off for a 4mph infingement?

Thought at worst, they sent you on one of their lovely learning days.

It is only 10% after all.

Lesson learnt eh mate?

That's one reason I tend to avoid the well ridden routes, like Squires and Devil's Bridge, especially on known popular days.

That's not to say we don't encounter the boys in blue, but thankfully not very often.

Got a 'SLOW DOWN PILLOCK' flash last week up by the airport, me and a mate belting up the hill away from airport towards the lights. Panda car coming opposite direction, we must've been doing at least 45 ( :twisted: ) - just love that sweeping bend in both directions!

Graeme
Radiator

Post by Radiator »

Hi Graeme

Yes lesson learnt m8 :D :D
Think I'll give that area a miss for a while LOL.

Peter
The old Northern man looking for that thing I lost years ago .From Leeds West Yorks.
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Lets put a different slant on this guys. Frr instance your pride and joy Storm or Scooby goes missing lifted by some scroat and later you find out that it gets recovered because an unmarked traffic car stopped it because it was travelling over the limit. Would your post be somewhat different :?: Their job is not just nicking speeders but catching scroats and as most scroats and thieves don't mind which laws they break you can often catch them for one minor offence and then find several more serious offences when you dig around, but you have to start somewhere and people that speed, use a mobile phone, don't wear seatbelt or weave all over the road are a good place to start :wink:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

storminateacup wrote:Lets put a different slant on this guys. Frr instance your pride and joy Storm or Scooby goes missing lifted by some scroat and later you find out that it gets recovered because an unmarked traffic car stopped it because it was travelling over the limit. Would your post be somewhat different :?: Their job is not just nicking speeders but catching scroats and as most scroats and thieves don't mind which laws they break you can often catch them for one minor offence and then find several more serious offences when you dig around, but you have to start somewhere and people that speed, use a mobile phone, don't wear seatbelt or weave all over the road are a good place to start :wink:
Nicely Put Storminateacup!

I spend a lot of money each year with tax, insurance, and keeping things legal. Lets get the scrotes off the road. :oops:
Mind you 4mph s a bit petty :(
Pete.l
alan

Post by alan »

Radiator wrote:Hi Graeme

Yes lesson learnt m8 :D :D
Think I'll give that area a miss for a while LOL.

Peter
Hi Peter
yeah i would give it a miss aswell after my and many others last nights luck but then again i'm apparrently one of the minority who give you lot a bad name.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Hi Alan,

Sounds like someone had a bad day - not you, the copper!

What was the £30 fine for? cans? number plate?

Did you get an improvement notice for either?

Were points mentioned? Apparently if it's not already in, the Government are trying to pass it for one or other or both!!

Ok so the cans may be loud, did he measure the levels? is there anything on the cans that suggests they're anything but legal? Other than the apparent lack of baffle?

Did he measure your plate and / or letter size? or did he check to see if it could be read clearly from the regulation distance (whatever it is)?

Did he just pull you or a group?

Did he have 'reasonable' cause to pull you?

I'm with you mate, bloody petty compared with car meets and also bloody agricultural Harleys with straight throughs on! What about the bloody scroll lettering number plates so many of these Novas, Civics etc with bean cans tacked on the ends of their exhausts have!!!!

I'm in no way blaming or taking the proverbial, I appreciate that you're hacked off to say the least. I'm just interested, because I think on the face of it you've been treated harshly.

So much for the Country wide 'Amnesty' or common sense approach to small numbr plates as the front page of MCN attested too a few weeks ago.

OK so they didn't agree to the same with pipes - but seems like you got done for the plate as well when perhaps you shouldn't have. OK it's technically, on paper still an offence, but that was the whole idea of the MCN article on 'Common Sense'!!!

Perhaps a letter to MCN to let them know the message hasn't filtered through the ranks yet (to Sleepy North Yorkshire).

My plate is smaller than regulation, and my pipes I believe are 'not for road use' although I can't see that cos it's obscured by a Honda sticker on each end plate.

Touch wood I've never been pulled for them and have also never removed either for its MOT!

I feel for ya mate I really do.

G
alan

Post by alan »

Hi Graeme
yeah im really pissed off, read my posting in General on Motivational Posters lol

no i wasnt with a group i came to the end of a junction (slip road) and opposite is a layby there was 2 T5's with at least 4 bikes already lined up then a guy in front of me got pulled aswell as me as we tried to turn right and the line up was causing abit of a disruption on the road for other users.

He first said "its nothing to worry about just a word in your ear" which i thought as you the common sense approach we've read about then at the end he says "just a 30 quid ticket but i could write you 2 out for both offences" ta very much officer no measure of plate no noise tests just poked his finger in the end can and said phone evo up for baffles (Blueflame) as he didnt even know what they are or Hein Gereke.

I do have the baffles but i have never been done for them before i have been stopped a couple year ago and he said there abit loud that was it.

Alan
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

[quote="alan"

I do have the baffles but i have never been done for them before i have been stopped a couple year ago and he said there abit loud that was it.

Alan[/quote]

a bit loud 8O i bet they heard you leave home :lol: :lol: id have done you another £30 for having a bike thats to feckin clean :lol: :lol: :lol: if i go up over weekend ill text you & we'll meet up & ill show you that back way to cafe :wink:
alan

Post by alan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah ok mate. best bring me ticket with me incase i get pulled again :lol:
Radiator

Post by Radiator »

Hi Alan

Well I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with Plod :twisted: :twisted: But it makes me feel a bit better with my encounter :D :D ,

Why don't they just desend on Squires,block of our escape , close the cafe ,claim we are criminally insane..........

It would be nice if they did a bit more of this pro active stuff on the real criminals in society. 8O 8O

Peter
alan

Post by alan »

Hi Peter
i couldn't agree more there is other police work thats far more important than the size of a number plate.

Its not the 30 quid ticket thats pissed me off its the fact that its always us "the biker" who is targeted.

Alan
lee67

Post by lee67 »

cant do the time alan, dont do the crime m8 :wink: ....thats why my bike has a huge plate and big baffles in :P
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

lee67 wrote:cant do the time alan, dont do the crime m8 :wink: ....thats why my bike has a huge plate and big baffles in :P
but the cops don't want to look at your crap tl1000 lee :lol: :lol:
lee67

Post by lee67 »

:( ..tut tut bob