A1(M) in Hertfordshire

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
Mad Cow

A1(M) in Hertfordshire

Post by Mad Cow »

A lot of you guys seem to be up north so if ever heading south to the smoke be aware.

No cameras on the motorway stretch, A1(M) but when on the motorway be on the look out for unmarked plod cars, Black Skoda Octavia VRS's. The old style in both saloon and estate. They are good for 145mph.

I used to own one of these (Black VRS Estate) and used to enjoy driving to work from Stevenage to Welwyn Garden City and watch all the "regular commuters" (who were in the know) slow down as they caught you in the mirror. Especially good fun if I had my Hi-vis jacket on (No i'm not a copper, I worked for the Council) :D

Oh yeah they also have a yellow VRS saloon based at Stevenage.

When you get south of the M25 i.e. the non motorway A1 there is a Gatso near Borehamwood. In central reservation and often turned around so watch out in both directions. There is another one a bit further south in the 50 limit leading to Apex corner, this too is regularly alternated.

Once you are into London.... cameras galore.
Mad Cow
lmao_37

Post by lmao_37 »

i use to live in st albans i know the gatso your on about at apex corner its a nasty little git cos when the street lights are on you cant see it when you ride towards apex corner going south 8O
wheres the road kill............?
iam hungry!!!!!