strange innit???

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
chaz

strange innit???

Post by chaz »

my son took his brother to a local for a coke the other day, as they turned up (on his XJR1300) someone came out of the pub and got talking. He had an XJR as well , said he was riding on it and was pulled in by a grey Mondeo with blues and twos going. :?
strange thing is, the law pulled him for not having a restrictor kit fitted as he wasnt out of his 2 years probationary period after his test! Only a matter of a couple of months.

Now how did they know that? with all the bikes on the road how come he was targetted? 8O

so the law made him take his bike to a dealer to have a kit fitted, my son is not riding his until his two years is up.

in short, if you are near Chippenham, Wilts watchout for silver Mondeo, my guess it could be a ST24?
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton »

Maybe they watched him do 0-120 in 3 seconds & then reckoned that it might not be restricted.

Maybe they did a numberplate check on the bike, then a check on the owner, found out he had not had his licence for 2 years, pulled him & suggested it wasn't restricted & he rolled over to the fact.

Don't know the answer but I would have thought if you watched somebody riding a XJR1300 for a short while it would become obvious whether it was restricted or not, the clue would be the Peugeot Speedfights overtaking them.

Alan...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Alan Said
Maybe they watched him do 0-120 in 3 seconds & then reckoned that it might not be restricted.

Maybe they did a numberplate check on the bike, then a check on the owner, found out he had not had his licence for 2 years, pulled him & suggested it wasn't restricted & he rolled over to the fact.
Sounds quite likely. Lets face it, if you had a XJR1300 could you ride it like it was a 125 for long?

Pete.l
chaz

Post by chaz »

possibilities, but my son had a 644 CCM restricted. the restriction was on throttle top 3/4 of use. that equates to around 70+mph on a CCM which is pointless. He then went to a 600 Bandit then the XJR and yet the insurance know all this and have never declined him. the XJR is fully comp for £550.