Dorset secret weapon

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
chaz

Dorset secret weapon

Post by chaz »

just a general call for anyone travelling into Dorset and surrounding areas, the local Ploice have showed off their new car that has a numberplate reader built in. It can read plates and within no time get back to them and advise whether the vehicle has mot, licence or tax.

worth bearing in mind as its just a normal patrol car, usually head on recognition but could well park up and persue a bike.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

If this is to be used to check on un tax, un insured or un licensed drivers I don't see a problem.

If every police car was fitted with this I might not still be under the hospital with a buggered should 8 months after ans un insured foreign driver caused my accident :x
chaz

Post by chaz »

I think they reckoned it would free up around 50 officers a month justifiying the cost.
it could be used to locate stolen vehicles as well. We had a similar thing at the end of a dual carriageway as well, small video camera I think was picking up tax discs as couldnt be for any other reason as where it was funneled down from 2 lanes to one and is allways a slow bottleneck.
FLYING DRUID

Post by FLYING DRUID »

Ime 100% behind any under cover surveilance ,,even tho ive been caught speeding on the bike by an unmarked plod..
lmao_37

Post by lmao_37 »

the plod keep putting an anpr van on the south bound A1 between darlington and scotchcorner and they have been very sucessful at stopping the uninsured scum :D
wheres the road kill............?
iam hungry!!!!!
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Yep,

I see no probs with it Chaz.

Anything that gets illegitimate (not legit - or is it?) drivers and riders off the roads is fine by me.

Bradford has fixed number plate recognition cameras all over as far as I know all major routes in and out of town.

Trouble is these days though, there are so many migrant workers here (and I'm sure elsewhere) with their own 'foreign' motors, the Police have no way of telling whether they're legal insured etc or not!
PL - SK - LAT etc etc

My Brother in Law got taken out by one last year who drove off - thankfully only damaging his bike - but no way of tracing car or owner/driver said police!!!

Graeme.
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

ANPR is the new "sliced loaf" It doesn't just spot Tax MOT Ins stuff it also links to intel files. Good for picking up vehicles used in crime, failed to appear etc. New legislation means no licence OR no Insurance = vehicle seized turn up within 14 days with ins for the vehicle / licence to drive it (minimum £117 plus £12/ day storage charge) or it goes to the scrapper :!: Oh yeah plus instant £200 ticket for no ins. This is a piece of kit that really does make a difference and the law abiding have no need to worry. :lol:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.