The road to Grain...

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
MacV2

The road to Grain...

Post by MacV2 »

...the fun police have installed new cameras...

The previous average speed jobbies were forward facing so didn't get the rear plate...

The new ones are super fangled rear facing & seem to have a small aireal on the top which I assume is some sort of communication device type thing...

Also previously the two cameras after the bridge were never live as there was a dispute with the railway bods not allowing the cables to be laid...Not needed now...So you have to assume that it is now live...However the last camera post by the port seems to have gone...

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Re: The road to Grain...

Post by popkat »

Last time I was up was on the MT10, nice having cruise control, I managed to make it all the way from the last roundabout to your turn off riding with no hands on the bars :lol: apart from the level crossing, It was a bit tight to steer with my knee's at a constant 30mph so bottled it and briefly grabbed the bars.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:37 pm Last time I was up was on the MT10, nice having cruise control, I managed to make it all the way from the last roundabout to your turn off riding with no hands on the bars :lol: apart from the level crossing, It was a bit tight to steer with my knee's at a constant 30mph so bottled it and briefly grabbed the bars.
Wuss... :lol: :lol:
MacV2

Re: The road to Grain...AVERAGE SPEED CAMERAS

Post by MacV2 »

Update...10/2/2019...

AVERAGE SPEED CAMERAS & yes they are all now rear facing so escape for bikes...

Some of the cameras have been moved about abit...

Firstly they are no longer on the huge blue gantry things they were mounted on previously. Now on shorter black poles, so harder to see, the cams themselves are much smaller so again harder to see... Thanks for that ...

Now the first cam is just after the roundabout of doom & dislocated shoulders at the top of the hill...

When before it was just before the last roundabout after the Gulf service station...

It's on a pole just on the left as you peel off the Roundabout...

Thats it now, 40MPH all the way down to the port left hand bend...

I have heard that there may even be another one to be installed closer to the village...

Utter utter bastids... It's so boring siting at 40 all the way along there...6 or 7 miles...chug chug chug...

Right I'm off to Farcebarf to clone some plates... :lol: :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »