GREAT YARMOUTH

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
darrenmartin

GREAT YARMOUTH

Post by darrenmartin »

Was coming over the Haven bridge earlier and was being flashed by several motorists (no not there willies) any way parked up big plain white van and 2 motorcycle cops ready to pounce! :wink:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
TheGingerBeardMan

Re: GREAT YARMOUTH

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Yup - they seem to be out all over the Country at the moment.

Well...I suppose they do need to raise funds for their office Christmas party huh?

All that tea, coffee, pizza, biscuits, and presents for each down at the Plod shop isn't gonna pay for itself y'know!
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:thumbup: you got that rite buddy :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

All that tea, coffee, pizza, biscuits, and presents for each down at the Plod shop isn't gonna pay for itself y'know!
Don't forget the doughnuts :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
TheGingerBeardMan

:Beer Popcorn:

Ahh yes. Forgot about them. The most important meal of the day for a copper. They must be a written rule in every police force, as they seem to be an International plod delicacy.

I think doughnuts were the choice of "fast food" for policemen, as they could chase after criminals AND have a supply of ready snacks at the same time...

...by choosing doughnuts, they could slide a few over the truncheon and keep up the pursuit without the fear of leaving lunch all the way back at the Station.

And that is why coppers don't have truncheons anymore - the Chief Super banned them, so the coppers couldn't carry the snacks, and therefore got them all slimmed back down again in the UK. It's very hard to spot a fat copper in the UK.

Apparently, they can't use the extendable batons to carry them, cos as soon as they flick it open, all the doughnuts slide off onto the ground. The plod are that busy trying to pick them all up again, the criminal gets away.

And THATS why the UK crime rate is going up y'see, and why the plod never seem to catch anyone. They're too busy gathering up their fallen fancies....

Oh yes. I have all the fact y'know. :think:

Saw a bike guy wearing a tee-shirt a few months ago that said: "Bad cop: No donut!" Very American, and don't think the UK police would be bothered about it.

Now - if we in the UK made a t-shirt that said "Bad Plod: No Pizza!", I'd wear one. :thumbup:

darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:clap: :lol: ......and I take it you don't have any kind of problem as far as 'the old bill' go? You know like a rather large axe that may need a 'grind'.......... :wink:
TheGingerBeardMan

:hijacked:

Strap in as it's a gonna be another long one

(not to be confused with "strap-on, it's a gonna be another long one") - I leave that for special weekends.... :oops: :lol: :Jaw Drop:

Nah - no axes to grind at the moment. Whilst I'm not a fan of Mr. Plod and some of their sneaky tactics (not tictacs, they're different things!), they do have their uses I suppose.

I've had plenty run-ins with them before, and some major serious ones resulting in prison - but, at the end of the day, if I needed one, I'd not hesitate in picking up the phone. Well, that'd be after I have dealt with the people who have done me wrong.

I live on a street with a main plod shop (traffic cars, plod vans, CID unmarked cars), and I pass everyday about 25mph in 3rd - with BlueFlame cans and no baffles. One copper rides a Ducati - with no baffles - and when he finishes his shift at 3am, he wakes the whole bloody street up firing it up. All they've said is for me to buy blu-tack, so they stick down everything that rattles as I ride past. Good humoured lot they are, if you go about it the right way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 weeks ago, I was in a line of traffic waiting to turn right, when one of the oncoming vehicles was the plod van with the camera on the dash. They slowed down, and waved me permission to turn right (to save me stuck in the middle of the road)

I nodded me head as "ta mate", and he thumbed up. I turned, van drove off.

Stopped for fuel up the road, and getting back on me bike, the plod van passed again heading out of town (routine drive to nearby village). By the time I faffed about with gloves, and writing me milage on my fuel receipt, off I thumped in plods same direction.

Massive line of cars ahead. About 10 in all. Not going very fast on a 60mph road. Plod van spotted 4th from the front.

I knew there was a massive straight bit ahead, and you can see for about 3/4 of a mile. So, I did what anyone does, commit to the overtake. I managed to get by 6, and had to stick the bike behind the plod van. Further observation noted it was a line of funeral cars - front car a hearse.

Well ferk me, I ain't stitting here at 40mph. So, flashed the plod van some high beam, stuck on me indi-mi-cator, and off I went, what must have seemed like 200mph to the coppers.

The noise was superb. It could even have woken up the person in the back of the hearse.

(pause for a commercial break) :Beer Popcorn: ----------------------------------------------------------------

Next day, outside me house, polishing the bike and police van slows down to pass - rolls window down, and I think "what I gone done now Bubba?".

"Looking nice as usual" she said. I replied "no-one ever says that about me". The guy driving smirked, and all she said after that was "drive safely cos we don't have many bin-liners left in the back..." , and drove off.

I'm in love with a female plod.

That all said, if I do anything wrong, the same chirpy Aberdeenshire Police peoples will still come down on me like a ton of bricks.

As long as it's her. I've even said to them (and the desk sergeant) that if I need brought down and handcuffed, I want HER to do the job.

"Anything I say may be taken down and used against me...."

Don't think I'd get away with replying "Erm...your knickers"

-------------------------------------------------------