Bazza & Tony hope you slowed down faster than I did!

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
AMCQ46

Bazza & Tony hope you slowed down faster than I did!

Post by AMCQ46 »

just got a nice letter telling me I was exceeding the variable speed limit where the M6 Toll blends into the M42 on the way back from Benny's funeral.

was doing 67mph and there was no build up of traffic at that point, but they had just put the variable speed limit up on the overhead gantry to start getting everybody slowed down for the que building up a mile down the road.

Looks like I might get away with a speed awareness course as I think my last one was over 3 years ago

Tony & Bazza, you 2 were on the same stretch of road, so I hope you slowed down before the gantry, not after it like I did :(
AMcQ
bazza696

Re: Bazza & Tony hope you slowed down faster than I did!

Post by bazza696 »

Can't remember to be honest as we were going pretty quick that day. Have not received anything yet, but if I do get something it cold be dropping through my old mans door soon then as I was on his bike that day, so I will be expecting a phone call from him very soon then, thanks for the heads up Al.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Tut Tut Tut, that's not nice :( There seems to be more and more of these variable speed cameras facing backwards to catch out bike plates these days. It's getting ridiculous, the way things are going we all may as well ride moped that go no faster than 50. :( :( :(

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Y'all with the riceburners, tut tut.... be a real man and get yuurselves a Harley, then you have no choice but to ride slow (not only can your kidneys not take the resulting beating from goign fast, but the engine ain`t powerful enough to get you there anyhow)....... :biggrin
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

ball cocks, that means i might be getting a letter thru the post, hopefully the calming nature of a tahitian blue rice burner will have slowed tony down...... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

agentpineapple wrote:ball cocks, that means i might be getting a letter thru the post, hopefully the calming nature of a tahitian blue rice burner will have slowed tony down...... :lol:

oh yes, I forgot that neither Bazza or Tony were riding their own bikes.............that will explain why they were riding like crazy men
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:ball cocks, that means i might be getting a letter thru the post, hopefully the calming nature of a tahitian blue rice burner will have slowed tony down...... :lol:

oh yes, I forgot that neither Bazza or Tony were riding their own bikes.............that will explain why they were riding like crazy men

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
don't blame em.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

What a pita that is :thumbdown:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

as with any speeding ticket, you have to blame yourself for not paying attention and reacting fast enough. Even though I saw the 40 sign come up on the gantry, my brain was only on standby because I had slowed down significantly and was just moving along at a normal M-way speed, same as a few cars around me.
So when I saw the sign I was just thinking it was an advisory warning like you get on some m-ways and rolled off the throttle but didnt bother to brake........, but then I remembered that these were not advisory, these are official, and there are cameras [on some but not all of the gantrys]...........but too late :(

on the plus side My solid white line 3 points are due to expire this month so I would be back to 3 points if I can get away with the £80 for a speed awareness session
AMcQ
darkember

Post by darkember »

What's the crack if you enter the zone in one lane realize you are over the limit then during the zone change lanes for the next camera are they linked or can you fool it??
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

it might work but there might have a wide angle lense so still see you in the 2nd photo even if you are in another lane.

edit....these ones wernt average speed ones, they are the radar triggered ones with markings on the road
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
neil

Post by neil »

darkember wrote:What's the crack if you enter the zone in one lane realize you are over the limit then during the zone change lanes for the next camera are they linked or can you fool it??
I've heard that one, don't know if it works but I always swap lanes just in case it does
redvtr
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Seems a bit harsh having a speed limit change right in front of you and then doing you for it, what if you hadn't had time to brake, or it was wet etc?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Argh but road safety does not come into it, It's all about revenue. :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
adyf

Post by adyf »

That's a shitter Al ,I could say something about observational skills but I couldn't see a bloody great van with cameras in it so I can't comment! Hope you get the course mate so they can tell you how to ride properly lol.its getting ridiculous in this country ,it was a motorway for Christ's sake,if it was in a town I would say it was deserved,ask me about a job our lass put on the polices system when she was at west yorkshire it will make your blood boil at the Wales meet.