Oooops speed trap

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
Hairy biker

Oooops speed trap

Post by Hairy biker »

I was out yesterday(not on the bike :( ) and there was a mobile speed camera set up on a main road that has just had the speed limit lowered from 60 to 40, it's out of town with only five houses set back about 200 yards from the main road and a side road which leads to a golf course, I know this road well because my mother in law loves in one of houses and unfortunately I can't always think of an excuse to get out of 'the visit'. Most of the accidents on this road were caused by the drunk judges/councillors/solicitors and a other such high ranking criminals that usually frequent such places, so instead of politely asking them to not drink and drive they spent millions of pounds changing the road layout and reducing the speed limit. It didn't work as there are still accidents. Gasp.
Anyway I strayed from what I wanted to ask, how long does it take for Richard Turpin to write to me and let me know how much he's going to extort from me?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most
Wicky

Re: Oooops speed trap

Post by Wicky »

mother in law loves in one of houses
...Does she go? nudge nudge :wink:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Hairy biker wrote:I was out yesterday(not on the bike :( ) and there was a mobile speed camera set up on a main road that has just had the speed limit lowered from 60 to 40, it's out of town with only five houses set back about 200 yards from the main road and a side road which leads to a golf course, I know this road well because my mother in law loves in one of houses and unfortunately I can't always think of an excuse to get out of 'the visit'. Most of the accidents on this road were caused by the drunk judges/councillors/solicitors and a other such high ranking criminals that usually frequent such places, so instead of politely asking them to not drink and drive they spent millions of pounds changing the road layout and reducing the speed limit. It didn't work as there are still accidents. Gasp.
Anyway I strayed from what I wanted to ask, how long does it take for Richard Turpin to write to me and let me know how much he's going to extort from me?
Usually about a week to two weeks.

If it arrives after 28 days from the date of the offence, it can be contested and you will win.
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

Wicky wrote:
Yours if you want it, she'll need a lot of space for her coldren though :lol:
Last edited by Hairy biker on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

what road and what area was it ?
im heading to newark tomorrow so it might come in handy :thumbup:
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

lloydie wrote:what road and what area was it ?
im heading to newark tomorrow so it might come in handy :thumbup:
A17 towards sleaford just by Newark golf course, but if you're coming in on the A46 be careful on the dual cartridge way there's been a few accidents on there at the farndon round about so they'll probably have one set up there as well, they seem do move all over for a couple of weeks,hit it hard then they disappear for a while.
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

Wicky wrote:
Eeer I see what I've put now, lives,I meant lives err I feel a bit sick now :sick:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

That's great thanks
I will be coming from Mansfield but I will take it easy thanks again
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

I think kelham bridge will still be shut, but it's only a short diversion to south muskham :thumbup:
I'd say call in for a brew but I'll be at work
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Hi M8... the relevant facts I believe to the best of my understanding are :

If you are the registered keeper of the vehicle and the ISSUE date on the Notice of Intended Prosecution is more than 14 days after the offence, then you can reject it. This only applies if it is dated more than 14 days after the alleged offence. It does not apply if it is dated within 14 days but received more than 14 days after the offence. If the NIP has been issued too late, then you should return it to the Process Office stating that you reject it because it is time barred. Bear in mind that if you are not the registered keeper, the NIP may have originally been issued within time and sent to the keeper.

This an extract from

http://www.motorlawyers.co.uk/procedure ... cution.htm

So basically you must sweat it out... fer dem 14 days.... to see if any recorded delivery mail comes your way. If not looks
like you going to be ok ... check they have your name spelled correctly and address correctly stated... a mistake even a letter or number
invalidates the NIP , happened to my mate he is an Alun Trefor . .. (welsh) and not an Alan Trevor ... har it was thrown out .. :thumbup:

good luck

Alb
Redthunder

Post by Redthunder »

Depending on the speed, and your speeding history you may be offered a speed awareness course in stead of 3 points. It is however £90 instead of £60!
98 'Storm
16 Kawasaki Z1000sx
95 CB500r
98 Vfr800
00 Zx6r

Destined4bikes17@gmail.com
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

Redthunder wrote:Depending on the speed, and your speeding history you may be offered a speed awareness course in stead of 3 points. It is however £90 instead of £60!
Was doing 50mph in a 40mph and have a clean licence, I'd sooner pay the money rather than take the points
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I know this road well because my mother in law loves in one of houses and unfortunately I can't always think of an excuse to get out of 'the visit'.
PMSL :lol: :lol:
That's classic. :lol: I'm in stitches.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

cybercarl wrote:
I know this road well because my mother in law loves in one of houses and unfortunately I can't always think of an excuse to get out of 'the visit'.
PMSL :lol: :lol:
That's classic. :lol: I'm in stitches.

(:-})
Fat fingers and auto spell is not a good combination :lol:
But did laugh when I read wicky's reply.......then I did a sick :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hairy biker wrote:I think kelham bridge will still be shut, but it's only a short diversion to south muskham :thumbup:
I'd say call in for a brew but I'll be at work
Never mind :thumbup: tho