new unmarked BMW west Scotland

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
Geordie

new unmarked BMW west Scotland

Post by Geordie »

Just thought I'd do my bit and warn ye all if your up or out our way ..

Got pulled just outside town in Ayrshire, just as i was slowing down entering a 30, quiet open bit of road. They were driving a new BMW 3 series saloon, dark purple in colour, debadged, with drug dealer alloys and seem to remember the grill being quite shiny as if chrome slats across it ...

Anyway, prob lookin at 6 points at least, as they got me at just over 50 .. bugger ..

Got formally charged. They didnt offer the video, but asked if I had any questions. Should i have asked for the video ?
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: new unmarked BMW west Scotland

Post by cupasoop »

Dont know about asking for the video but I hate all the sneeking about they do nowadays. Bad luck.

Do you fly a plane?
Rich.

Geordie

Post by Geordie »

.. what, at the time .. ?! :lol:

My old man does, you may be thinkin of him .. ? Dy know him .. ?

Cheers

G
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Might have got my wires crossed over the plane, I'll try another. Did you used to work in russell house?
Rich.

bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Im completely lost noo :?

Geordie , i thought you were a farmer or farm worker :?:

Ah...i see the connection now,..you're only what...2 miles from Prestwick Airport :D
Stevie
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Geordie wrote:Just thought I'd do my bit and warn ye all if your up or out our way ..

Got pulled just outside town in Ayrshire, just as i was slowing down entering a 30, quiet open bit of road. They were driving a new BMW 3 series saloon, dark purple in colour, debadged, with drug dealer alloys and seem to remember the grill being quite shiny as if chrome slats across it ...

Anyway, prob lookin at 6 points at least, as they got me at just over 50 .. bugger ..

Got formally charged. They didnt offer the video, but asked if I had any questions. Should i have asked for the video ?
I saw it today , if its the same one,(prob is) a kind of plum colour car, Reg starts with SF57,..i had to pull over past it , it was sitting stationary on the sliproad at the landfill site, near Gailes golf course at Irvine , where the A78 bypasses Irvine towards Kilwinning :!: Thats only ,what ,10 mins from you.

In Kilmarnock its a metallic grey bmw we've to look out for :!:
Stevie
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Blidy ell, small world eh, yes I farm just outside Ayr and yes did work in Russell House for 4 years, my old man teaches folk to fly at Prestwick, .. who are you guys .. ?!!!

Yeah thats the one, plum coloured 3 series. Gotta watch the 78 now, used to be good for a wee rip now and then.

Take it youve heard the easter egg run is cancelled this year, would have been good to meet up and go to it, but nevermind, something to do with construction at the SECC car parks.

Ill let you know what happens with the speeding ticket, more research has lead me to believe i might get a ban of up to 56 days, which would be a real pain in the ass. As always with these things :whatever I think Ive been a tad unlucky as it was just going into a 30 and I absolutely do not (generally :? ) speed in town.
Anyway how exactly do you know me, pm me .. !!

Cheers guys

George
MrsCupa

Post by MrsCupa »

Geordie - it's me who knows you....I worked with you when you were in Harry's team in Russell House...not sure if you'll remember me...Sheena Burns
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

The Ramones sung aboot Mrs Cupa!

Now there's Kudos for the forum!
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Aye I remember ye, quite enjoyed that job in the early days .. towards the end for me it was hellish being in that office. The way I was treated was like Id committed some horrible crime, leaving was one of the best decisions Ive ever made. Onwards and upwards as they say ..!
Anyway what are you doing now ? Did you not move to criminal injuries or away up north or something, was like 9 years ago !
George
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Well folks, just been to court the day, hellish experience although interesting ! My lawyer put forward the case that the 30 signs are difficult to see as they are some distance in from the kerb at that point, even had photos showing it. Anyway, got a £200 fine and 3 points. Needless to say Im quite happy with that.. I was fully expecting more points. What we aimed for was to avoid a ban, so worked out well... What relief !

Anyway chalk it down to experience and be more vigilant !!

Cheers
Geordie
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Geordie Said
Phew! 3 points doesn't sound too bad when you consider you wern't far off banning territory. :wink2
I'll bet you slow down a bit quicker next time you pass a 30 zone or a Mk III BMW :biggrin

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Glad too hear you didn't get banned Geordie :)

Chris.