warning signs !!

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
stevevtr1

warning signs !!

Post by stevevtr1 »

North Yorks Safety signs now installed on the A63 Swillington Common dual carriageway,50 limit reducing to 40."to DIE for" & "bends DEAD ahead"Signs ..what for the roundabout 8O 8O .
Get through Garforth & up the hill where you can nail it &.... nowt :?: :?:
Oh well might as well give it some then :!:
Who the f@ck decides where these signs go ,seen afew on roads where ok the the spirit might lead vou to maybe push things abit ,but on a straight dual carriageway with limts :?: Then on the return up the other side they put a "think bike" Sign,is that cos we're all knackered from the ride down the hill ,round the roundabout & back up the other side,& can't look out for ourselves FSS.
One more numpty with a public funded budget to spend no doubt :!: :!:
Rant over,now no doubt somebdy is gonna inform me that th plce is a biker death blackspot :?:
Drac

Post by Drac »

I don't disagree with you mate, but just some clarification.

nearly all of those warnig signs you see are there not cos the person with the budget felt like it..its nealry allways because some no life arshole with nothing better to do has wrote in and got support from friends /neighbours or even some knob who was hooning around and got caught out decides the only way he can keep his pride is by blaming someone else or lack of something ie signs for their accident. (bikers are the worst for this)

Same goes for majority of speed humps..do you think the engineers like having to drive over them..or the phone red hot from the very people who demanded them complaining they " didnt think they were going to be that high"

There are times when accident statistics jump out and say something is wrong and something needs to be done..but these are in the minority.
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

The general rule is The more accidents = more signage when that don't work stick in a camera. Double white lines usually indicate a fatality has occurred on that stretch. Ipso fatso no accidents No Signs. It's all to do with KSI stats and planners.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.