Cookies on vtr1000.org

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
Lucazade

Cookies on vtr1000.org

Post by Lucazade »

Just pointing out that there must be something wrong with the way cookies are handled: even if I click the option "remember my details" I still have to log on every time I visit the site...
-- Luca.
----------------------
Second-hand bike parts:
http://www.aboutbikes.co.uk
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Try closing your browser, deleting any cookies that may be hanging around wherever your OS stores them, wait 5 or so minutes then try loggin back in.

I used so have a similar problem when i used the message board from home but was cured when I did the above. (Cant remember if I restarted my PC or not after deleting the cookie or not but that shouldn't make a difference ).

Any joy with your Pearl problem??

Al.
Lucazade

Post by Lucazade »

What I don't understand is why other sites that use the same software (Bemsee and NG Road Racing) work just fine.

Re. the perl problems - yeah, "malformed headers". After installing Indigo (old Apache 1.2 + perl) I finally got a chance to look at the logs. Incidentally, looking at the logs I also found someone trying to hack into my system, reported to the ISP and had him/her slapped on the wrist big time. Joy! Hopefully they suspended the account as well.

Still no luck installing the latest Apache as the MSI installer on W2K crashes half way through. Bah!
-- Luca.
----------------------
Second-hand bike parts:
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Lucazade wrote:What I don't understand is why other sites that use the same software (Bemsee and NG Road Racing) work just fine.

Re. the perl problems - yeah, "malformed headers". After installing Indigo (old Apache 1.2 + perl) I finally got a chance to look at the logs. Incidentally, looking at the logs I also found someone trying to hack into my system, reported to the ISP and had him/her slapped on the wrist big time. Joy! Hopefully they suspended the account as well.

Still no luck installing the latest Apache as the MSI installer on W2K crashes half way through. Bah!
I see Apache 2.0.40 is the latest version but I can't get hold of the Win32 Binaries. Any ideas??
Lucazade

Post by Lucazade »

Ah, it's been removed. That explains ...
A full setup package (.exe) containing the Win9x/WinNT Microsoft System Installer installer will be made available again soon. The previously released installer packages for 2.0.40 were broken.
-- Luca.
----------------------
Second-hand bike parts: