Forum clock?

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
sirch345
Site Admin

Forum clock?

Post by sirch345 »

Does anyone know why, when I submit a post the time I posted it is correct. After logging out the time then changes to one hour earlier :?:

These are my settings in the "User Control Panel"

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Re: Forum clock?

Post by bigtwinthing »

No but i am sure Carl will come up with 500 wise words :lol: and we still wont know :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

bigtwinthing wrote:No but i am sure Carl will come up with 500 wise words :lol: and we still wont know :lol:
With added conspiracy theory! :Beer Popcorn:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It a time travelling device that you have entered. :biggrin Sorry no idea. Mine was 1hour early but I just switched on the Summertime in effect in my prefs and it has changed to the correct time now. I then logged out and back in to check and it stayed the same. Try disabling that, log out and back in and then re-enable it. It may reset itself.
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

It a time travelling device that you have entered. :biggrin Sorry no idea. Mine was 1hour early but I just switched on the Summertime in effect in my prefs and it has changed to the correct time now. I then logged out and back in to check and it stayed the same. Try disabling that, log out and back in and then re-enable it. It may reset itself.
Does that mean I can recapture 365 hours (366 on a leap year :wink: ) every year :lol:
Thanks for checking it out Carl :thumbup:

I can't seem to change any of the settings I've shown above, as when I hit "Submit" the changes I've made just revert back to what I originally had :crazy:

Perhaps I better try using my Edge browser :shh:

**EDIT**
Using Edge didn't make any difference, although I have managed to try different settings now.

Out of interest what are you guys seeing as the time I posted this post :?: It shows 12:26 pm whilst I'm still logged in,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

AMcQ
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

still 12.26
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

This gets stranger by the minute (excuse the pun :) ) cheers Al and Stuart for your input :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

21.15, but then I worked late again.
Tony
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

daylight saving ?

3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

12:26 here too which is even more weird because it should be as is what is set in my control panel which is diffrent from what you have. I wonder how the forum is picking up the time...whether it's using PHP or javascript. Then again why is it only affecting you. Maybe there's is something overriding your account on the admin side. It's obviously account related. You should be able to change it in the control panel. Can you flush the cache for specific accounts.
==============================Enter the Darkside
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

If I'm reading this, it's correct when you log back in, yes? It's only when you're logged out? In that case, the forum is probably defaulting to UTC when you log out, I'm going to try now and see.
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

Yep, it's the same here, I say it defaults to UTC
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:12:26 here too which is even more weird because it should be as is what is set in my control panel which is diffrent from what you have. I wonder how the forum is picking up the time...whether it's using PHP or javascript. Then again why is it only affecting you. Maybe there's is something overriding your account on the admin side. It's obviously account related. You should be able to change it in the control panel. Can you flush the cache for specific accounts.
Cheers Carl for your thoughts :thumbup:
I think Bald_pig may be on to something.
bald_pig wrote:If I'm reading this, it's correct when you log back in, yes? It's only when you're logged out? In that case, the forum is probably defaulting to UTC when you log out, I'm going to try now and see.
Good thinking, and yes you are reading it correctly. If that's what it is, then when British Summer Times finishes the time should then be correct. Lets see what happens on the 30th of this month :eh:
bald_pig wrote:Yep, it's the same here, I say it defaults to UTC
Thanks for checking :thumbup:

Chris.