How do you embed a youtube video?

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
Motomvk

How do you embed a youtube video?

Post by Motomvk »

I've been trying to embed video's into my posts on this forum and I can't find a way around it, I've been messing around with codes and stuff but nothing works it just appears as text, I must be missing a trick..

Any ideas?
MacV2

Re: How do you embed a youtube video?

Post by MacV2 »

Motomvk wrote:I've been trying to embed video's into my posts on this forum and I can't find a way around it, I've been messing around with codes and stuff but nothing works it just appears as text, I must be missing a trick..

Any ideas?
Copy & paste the page info from the top bar...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Use the YouTube button when creating the post, put the link between the [youtufe] brackets and take the "s" off of https:

[youtube][/youtube]
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Motomvk

Post by Motomvk »

Brilliant cheers :D
:thumbup:
[youtube][/youtube]
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Is it just me or is anyone else just seeing a black square in the two post above ? :confused
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

MacV2 wrote:Is it just me or is anyone else just seeing a black square in the two post above ? :confused
just you mac
:thumbup:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

MacV2 wrote:Is it just me or is anyone else just seeing a black square in the two post above ? :confused
You need to turn the power on mate.

:beer:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Just you Mac
Motomvk

Post by Motomvk »

StormyRob wrote:
You need to turn the power on mate.

:beer:
:lol: :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Have you disabled Adobe Flash Player Mac :?:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I don't use Flash any more so can't see any videos posted here including my own.

It would be handy if folk posted the link along with video's so one has the option to watch via YouTubes default HTML5 player if one sensibly does not have the Flash plugin installed or has disabled it. Yes you heard that right. HTML5 Media player is now YouTubes default player. If you have Flash it will use it, but you don't need it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/223338/how-to- ... ing-flash/

Actually we should all stop embedding Flash video and just post the link to it on YouTube or wherever else it is. I shall start doing that from now on.

Example:
Why is Adobe Flash Player Not Installing?

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agh6L0gXV6M0]Why is Adobe Flash Player Not Installing?[/url]
Most sites have now switched to the HTML5 media player because of the constant security breaches with Flash. It's only the TV catch up services and the odd few sites that still insist on using Flash so they can force advertisements upon us along with sites that either don't care or don't know any better (no offence VTR forum :lol: ) and those that have not had time to update their sites yet. TBH if any site has Flash content then it's not worth watching. Nine times out of ten the video can be found elsewhere and watched safely with HTML5.

If your seeing a blank video then it's either a blocking script from a browser add on, you've disabled Flash, or more than likely your Flash plug-in is out of date so needs updating. Usually you would get a box inside the blank square telling you that you need to update but I think this forum does not have the code in it's Flash script that directs you to Adobe's update servers. Adobe have got into the habit when they bring out an update to disable by default older versions for......you guessed it, security reasons. Even Adobe are worried and disable it for your safety.

The last Flash exploit
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/05/12 ... _day_hole/

Adobe are releasing patches on a regular basis these days, so get used to constantly updating the plugin if still using it.

I said a year ago that Flash is being deprecated. There is now more HTML5 video on the web than Flash. All modern day web browsers now have HTML5 Video built in so no longer a separate add on.

More info
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Firefox 47.0 - What's New: Embedded YouTube videos now play with HTML5 video if Flash is not installed.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/4 ... easenotes/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts