"free" EE power bar

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
tony.mon

"free" EE power bar

Post by tony.mon »

Not quite so free as you might think....
I got one, then read the small print, They give them to you for nowt, and you can take your flat one into any EE store and swap it for a fully charged one. It's good (just about) for one smartphone charge.

But in the small print it's actually a hire agreement, for eighteen months.
It's free for the first eighteen months, but then, unless you've given them 30 days' notice, the hire agreement then rolls over and you'll be charged £20 for the next hire period.

If you lose it, you get charged £5 (the cost of the "free" one you've been "given".
Then they charge you the £20 for a new hire period.

I can't see where they stipulate the next hire period, it could be less than 18 months...

So it's a good deal, but diary it for 16.5 months, then give them 30 days' notice, or you will get charged £20.

I think that in sixteen and a half months' time there will be lots of cheap 4 or 6 charges in one device-type power bars on the market, so I'll be buying a better one for less than £20- let's see if I'm right :wave:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bald_pig

Re: "free" EE power bar

Post by bald_pig »

You can get ones that are supposedly 4 times the capacity of the EE bars for about a tenner on ebay, UK seller, but the EE bar is handy to stick in your pocket or under your seat for emergencies...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I've been using this Fuel+ fingy that's good 4-5+ charges of an iPhone when out and about.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

EE phone charger explodes and leaves student with serious burns > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... burns.html
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

are we blaming tony for this? did he try and tune it for more performance but when he put it back together he did the connections on the wrong way round? :wave:
AMcQ