Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
Watty

Re: Avatar pic from Photobucket

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:Any more of these blueist comments will be met with extreme measures! Dead leg or Chinese burn maybe! :lol:
Or even a nipple cripple :twisted:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
macdee

Post by macdee »

j sus theirs two of them

hitting watty hard at the min
you see i owe him a cuppa tea and dont want to have to buy it this is my way out of the problem
that and i'm bored :thumbup:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Watty

Post by Watty »

macdee wrote:j sus theirs two of them

you see i owe him a cuppa tea and dont want to have to buy it this is my way out of the problem
There's interest on that cuppa now 8O you now owe me a mug of coffee and scone :biggrin
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

People just need to be a little less blazay about security. I hear too many people say "I'm not doing anything criminal so it don't matter. They can monitor me if they want"
OK tin foil hat away :lol:

In PB never use the bucket and make your albums private. You don't have to password protect each album unless you want to. Whereas if you have your albums set to public they are open to the world and search engines (google) to see and use to their hearts content. When your inside an album, next to it's title, you will see a little lock icon. Select this to edit privacy settings.

Here's another one for you. See what info your browser is telling the world.
https://panopticlick.eff.org/

Macdee you probably have your browser remembering all your passwords. This is what they call convenience so you don't have to type them in each time. You just need to know where to look :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

here's interest on that cuppa now 8O you now owe me a mug of coffee and scone :biggrin
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Watty

Post by Watty »

cybercarl wrote:People just need to be a little less blazay about security. I hear too many people say "I'm not doing anything criminal so it don't matter. They can monitor me if they want"
OK tin foil hat away :lol:

In PB never use the bucket and make your albums private. You don't have to password protect each album unless you want to. Whereas if you have your albums set to public they are open to the world and search engines (google) to see and use to their hearts content. When your inside an album, next to it's title, you will see a little lock icon. Select this to edit privacy settings.

Here's another one for you. See what info your browser is telling the world.
https://panopticlick.eff.org/

Macdee you probably have your browser remembering all your passwords. This is what they call convenience so you don't have to type them in each time. You just need to know where to look :wink:
Thanks Carl, will sort that :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
macdee

Post by macdee »

Watty wrote:

There's interest on that cuppa now 8O you now owe me a mug of coffee and scone :biggrin
scone my butt
you'll get a cuppa tay a soda toasted and butter we dont do scones their for girls

soda is a bread over here just so as you know
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Watty is the Grand master of the Cyan art of self defence and the leading exponent of the twin nipple cripple. Don't push him Mac!!! You wouldn't like him when he's angry. :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Are you saying his bike is Cyan not Blue :P

Mmm soda bread. I like potato bread too, it goes well with a fry up :thumbup:

macdee

Post by macdee »

Kev L wrote:Watty is the Grand master of the Cyan art of self defence and the leading exponent of the twin nipple cripple. Don't push him Mac!!! You wouldn't like him when he's angry. :lol:
not a problem i showed him my BIG PETE when i was over many a man has been overcome by the size of the pete :thumbup:

"your both soda's"

on an other note cyber how do i get rid of this browser thingy watching me
Watty

Post by Watty »

macdee wrote:
Watty wrote:

scone my butt
you'll get a cuppa tay a soda toasted and butter we dont do scones their for girls

soda is a bread over here just so as you know
:lol: love the soda bread dude :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:Watty is the Grand master of the Cyan art of self defence and the leading exponent of the twin nipple cripple. Don't push him Mac!!! You wouldn't like him when he's angry. :lol:
Most people just don't like me full stop :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

macdee wrote:
not a problem i showed him my BIG PETE when i was over many a man has been overcome by the size of the pete :thumbup:

"your both soda's"

Jesus not "THE PETE" please 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If your referring to your passwords then it's likely they are going to be stored in your browser preferences I guess. But you must be saying yes or allow to your browser saving them, either automatically or when you first sign into an account. Check your browser preferences/settings Which browser are using for starters? please tell me firefox as if it is, your lifes got a whole lot easier.

Firefox add-ons I would recommend for security as follows:
Adblock Edge
AVG PrivacyFix
BetterPrivacy
Blur: Passwords, Payments, Privacy (Formerly DoNotTrackMe)
Facebook Disconnect
FlashBlock
Ghostery
HTTPS-Everywhere
NoScript

Some of those cross paths and have a similar function to others, some do a better job than others or take a slightly different approach. So basically it's learning to understand and use the tools at hand. One person may prefer to use a 10mm spanner, another person may prefer to use a 10mm socket to achieve the same thing.

And for a more secure search engine you can use
DuckDuckGo

A lot of the above will also be available for other browsers like Chrome, so do a google, or better still, do a DuckDuckGo. Why tell google what you searching for.

IMO the most important are:
NoScript
Ghostery
FlashBlock

These are all preventative measures making life as difficult as you can for the bad guys. A bit like fitting an alarm to you bike.

The granddaddy of online security is to use a Proxy and/or VPN Service.

Mmmm seemed to have gone off topic a bit.

Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

cybercarl wrote:One person may prefer to use a 10mm spanner, another person may prefer to use a 10mm socket to achieve the same thing.
Like you and I, with the right hand side rear header nut yesterday! :lol: :clap:

Nice Avatar Mr Watty

Jamie
Jamie :wave: