reinstalling vista

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
tattoo

reinstalling vista

Post by tattoo »

My hard drive went down on my old laptop so i replaced it with a spare one with no OS installed....i have a OS disc from my dell laptop...now....i have set the BIOS to boot from the disc,set the language,clicked next and it said it is installing windows....it has copyied windows files,expanded files,installed features,installed updates....now it seems to be stuck on completing instalation then after a while the screen goes blank with only the mouse pointer left,when i touch the the mouse pad it doesn't change and nothing seems to be happening.....am i being impatient?....how long does it usually take to install??
bigtwinthing

Re: reinstalling vista

Post by bigtwinthing »

eh!!!!! i aint got a clue wot ya on about sorry.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

This is one for Virt to answer. But I would first check that the operating system is compatable with the machine and has enough RAM.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
2wheelsagain

Post by 2wheelsagain »

At that point Window$ is looking for specific hardware drivers for your machine. They will be on your PC's recovery disks if you have them but most likely on a hidden partition on the original HDD. You'll probably have to contact the manufacturer and have them ship the appropriate disks or find someone with the same machine and generate your own.
It may only be my opinion but it's mine!

~ My Bikes 2014 VFR1200F & 2000 VTR1000F ~