Windows Me / Millenium

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
Iwantafirestorm

Windows Me / Millenium

Post by Iwantafirestorm »

Just wondered if anyone on here is using Windows Me on their pc and having trouble with it?

My pc has it and I am always having bother with it. I have heard that it is the most problem-causing, trouble-making, freezing-up, crashing windows in Microsoft history.

eg: You've only got to type something slightly too fast and everything will freeze up - and I mean freeze up - you can't even switch it off, it has to be unpluged at the wall. The volume doesn't work half the time. This is just two examples of many. It even does this after reformatting from scratch.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has the same.

:?
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

ME is an utter bag-o-shite mate
Get rid ASAP,
Windows 3.11 is the one to go for: Fast, stable, reliable, virus free etc :lol:
OK, maybe too extreme 2000 or XP are miles better. ME was only brought out to keep Bill Gates in anoraks between bringing out windows 98 and windows 2000

Ben
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Naa, dont listen to him, DOS 5.1 is the thing you want. Dosnt look pretty but It'll never let you down. :wink:
Rich.

mattbridges

Post by mattbridges »

OS/2 that's the way forwards (or backwards)
1999 Firestorm - Red - Dynojet Stage 1 - K&N filter - Remus Cans (was Scorpion).
Iwantafirestorm

Post by Iwantafirestorm »

Cupasoop, you've changed your picture! Noooooooooooo! I loved that picture of Bender from Futurama - He is the best. If I ever watch that, he reminds me of you!!

.....And now all that has changed :(

PS: I've not had any emails to tell me about the 3 replies to this thread. Any idea why?

PPS: I have no idea what 3.11 or 5.14 or whatever means - I only know them as Windows XP, 2000, Me, 98 etc