Does anyone need anything?

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
VTRDark

Re: Does anyone need anything?

Post by VTRDark »

I installed an app that measures your speed, air fuel ratio etc. But the dissapointing thing about it was it works via Bluetooth and I could not find a lambda sensor at the right price and in the UK with Bluetooth. :(

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

OI!!! what about my fast food app, you could get investment from all the major fast food companies, this time next year will be millionaires ymv... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

agentpineapple wrote:OI!!! what about my fast food app, you could get investment from all the major fast food companies, this time next year will be millionaires ymv... :thumbup:
Or... No :lol: I ain't spending a million hours inputting co-ordinates of all of them. There's like 5-6 in Rugby alone! And Rugby is but a town, not a city. And there are plenty of cities and towns.. And there are service stations and stuff :lol:

Do it yourself :wink:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Virt wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:OI!!! what about my fast food app, you could get investment from all the major fast food companies, this time next year will be millionaires ymv... :thumbup:
Or... No :lol: I ain't spending a million hours inputting co-ordinates of all of them. There's like 5-6 in Rugby alone! And Rugby is but a town, not a city. And there are plenty of cities and towns.. And there are service stations and stuff :lol:

Do it yourself :wink:
Well... compromise... You make the software, and then Marty can provide the coordinates, and put them in... :wink: Should solve your issue, but perhaps not Marty's... :D
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Virt wrote:
lumpyv wrote:lottery number predictor??

how come you say you have not done anything big for a year? I thought you only been there since spring ??
I've been programming for several years. I've not done anything big and challenging for a fair while, I get assigned all sorts of tasks to do at work but it's all stuff I know like the back of my hand :thumbdown:

I used to strive and challenge myself as much as possible but I've just ran out of ideas on what to do over the past year
oic , sorry I misunderstood what you meant .
as for the striving and challenging yourself don't worry about that, it will pass with age/time

:thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Virt wrote:
Jamie in Colchester wrote:
CANDY CRUSH???!

What do you take me for, a #numbskull! :lol:
Calm down, you might spring a leak :wink: :lol:

Pretty sure that isn't candy crush, it's called "Plumber".. I thought it was perfectly valid due to you stating your profession as "Plumber" :D
Mario brothers ?? they were plumbers iirc
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Virt

Post by Virt »

lumpyv wrote:
oic , sorry I misunderstood what you meant .
as for the striving and challenging yourself don't worry about that, it will pass with age/time

:thumbup:
It's cool :lol:

I want to challenge myself, I need to be a better programmer :P :lol:

Also, to your lottery number predictor. Just go for the lucky dip, they use one of their own kinda predictors, it uses numbers which haven't come up recently so there is, theoretically, a greater chance of you winning. :lol: Or just be a pussy like me and use those scratch cards :wink: Seeing as I'm useless with decision-making
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

every so often we all consider changing the colour of our bikes, how about an app, that will have a template for say a firestorm, say from 4 different angles, where you can change the colour at a touch of a button, maybe add some detail here and there.
i think it would be useful, as most of us don't have a clue how to photoshop.
you could then extend it to different bikes, a sort of easy way to see what your bike would look like if it was a different colour. that one should make you millions.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

So... google images? :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

every so often we all consider changing the colour of our bikes.....
I like that idea bit it would require some PS work so Virt has the images with various colours to swap between in the app.

Virt

Post by Virt »

It would be possible but I'm not all that skilled at photoshop.. I can do basic stuff but not much else :lol:

The coding part of it would be nothing compared to the photoshop anyway. All you'd need is a search function for the type of bike, which directs you to the library for that bike with the various colours. It will then display the image for that colour
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

he coding part of it would be nothing compared to the photoshop anyway.
That was exactly my thoughts. It's not really programming work as such. The bulk of the work word be PS. :thumbdown: But I nice idea as an app, especially if there was a library of different model bikes.

Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:
he coding part of it would be nothing compared to the photoshop anyway.
That was exactly my thoughts. It's not really programming work as such. The bulk of the work word be PS. :thumbdown: But I nice idea as an app, especially if there was a library of different model bikes.

Hey Carl, you're good at photoshop :wink:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:Show elbow: :lol:

Maybe so...but that's a lot of work.

Have a free one.

I can send you the original PSD file and it's all in layers so you can change the colours yourself. :lol:

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Here you go Virt, I didn't want to hijack the other thread any more so posted here.

This was a test render on my model.
[youtube][/youtube]

And here's a lower quality one of the 1 week render. The 1 week one had the polygons smoothed out more and shadows softened.
[youtube][/youtube]