Does anyone need anything?

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
VTRDark

Re: Does anyone need anything?

Post by VTRDark »

It's only with Paypal no other sites. i have too many Firefox extensions to list from better cache to privacy exts, cookie blocking, flash blocking, anti spying extensions etc etc. I will have to go through them all switching them off one by one to see if there is a conflict somewhere. Pain in the butt.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:It's only with Paypal no other sites. i have too many Firefox extensions to list from better cache to privacy exts, cookie blocking, flash blocking, anti spying extensions etc etc. I will have to go through them all switching them off one by one to see if there is a conflict somewhere. Pain in the butt.

Do you have the email cloaking plugin? Off the top of my head that's the only one I can think of that PayPal really doesn't agree well with
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No is the simple answer to that. No email ones at all. It's got to be something to do with the log in process in Paypal. It never used to do it in the old site layout. Talking about Paypal have noticed they have changed things on eBay again and integrated Paypal and eBay together a bit more.

Just tried Safari and it did not happen so it's localized to Firefox. I shall Firefox in safe mode next.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just booted Firefox in Safe mode and it did not have the Javascript error pop up but it did get locked into the following page with the Blue square page loading thingy spinning and spinning and not loading the next page.

So it's not an extension conflict and is possibly something to do with the Firefox code itself or the advanced setting in aboutconfig :think:

Virt

Post by Virt »

My firefox runs perfectly fine with javascript on any and all websites, what have you done in aboutconfig then ? :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Here's the Javascript error

I can't rember what settings where changed in the aboutconfig now, it was so long ago. It wasn't IIRC anything major, juts things to speed up page loading times, cache etc. The only non Default Javascript config is that javascript.options.strict has been set to True

Virt

Post by Virt »

Well it's definitely not javascript.options.strict..

I'm stumped :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Virt, you are clearly a clever chap, so can you design me an app which does my job for me?

I'm a plumber by the way :D
Jamie :wave:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Jamie in Colchester wrote:Virt, you are clearly a clever chap, so can you design me an app which does my job for me?

I'm a plumber by the way :D
This is the closest one I could find on the interwebs

I can make a more pink and spangly version if you'd prefer?
Or in keeping with Forum rules I can make a very slow and laggy version to match your 'storm :wink:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

lottery number predictor??

how come you say you have not done anything big for a year? I thought you only been there since spring ??
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Virt

Post by Virt »

lumpyv wrote:lottery number predictor??

how come you say you have not done anything big for a year? I thought you only been there since spring ??
I've been programming for several years. I've not done anything big and challenging for a fair while, I get assigned all sorts of tasks to do at work but it's all stuff I know like the back of my hand :thumbdown:

I used to strive and challenge myself as much as possible but I've just ran out of ideas on what to do over the past year
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

CANDY CRUSH???!

What do you take me for, a #numbskull! :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Jamie in Colchester wrote:
CANDY CRUSH???!

What do you take me for, a #numbskull! :lol:
Calm down, you might spring a leak :wink: :lol:

Pretty sure that isn't candy crush, it's called "Plumber".. I thought it was perfectly valid due to you stating your profession as "Plumber" :D
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

:lol: couldn't find the plumber game, although I think I'd be more useful if I sat on my phone playing games tbh!

Sorry, I'm merely distracting you from your work :(

I've got some app which uses GPS accelerometers etc to record your bike rides, I'd pay for some telemetry system app which doesn't crash every 2 sec & rely on 3G connection :think:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Jamie in Colchester wrote::lol: couldn't find the plumber game, although I think I'd be more useful if I sat on my phone playing games tbh!

Sorry, I'm merely distracting you from your work :(

I've got some app which uses GPS accelerometers etc to record your bike rides, I'd pay for some telemetry system app which doesn't crash every 2 sec & rely on 3G connection :think:

So do I sometimes :lol:

What phone do you have? The TomTom app for iPhone (Yeah, it ain't cheap :thumbdown:) uses GPS and can record speed and knows where you are and gives directions (you would hope so too) and that does it all without a 3G connection, so it is possible.. It just doesn't store the information anywhere for you