Does anyone need anything?

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
Virt

Does anyone need anything?

Post by Virt »

I've currently been assigned nothing all week at work so far, so I've just been testing installs, documenting bugs, dying of boredom.. etc.. :lol:

I haven't really done any big software projects of my own in like a year, and I can't think of anything to do. Is there any sort of system anyone here needs or wants? :lol: I need something to do to stop me going crazy, and because over the past year I've learnt like 8 languages and my main language has changed completely I feel like testing myself and seeing what can be improved on...

If not, I'll just find an app and re-create it or something. I have no imagination :thumbdown: Wanna create the game that I've had in my head for a while, for mobile devices, but I can't find a graphic designer :thumbdown:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Re: Does anyone need anything?

Post by lloydie »

Make me an app that will make me rich .
Virt

Post by Virt »

Monopoly is protected by copyright :wink:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

A cricket scorecard entry, fixtures and averages database component and modules for Joomla 1.5/2.5 - similar to sportstatz system http://www.sportstatz.com/ss/details.aspx

Reckon you could charge for £50+ for a club (max of 4 teams) version, and £200+ for a (unlimited teams) league version.
Last edited by Wicky on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Virt

Post by Virt »

Wicky wrote:A cricket scorecard entry and averages database component and modules for Joomla 1.5/2.5 - similar to sportstatz system

Reckon you could charge for £50 for a club (max of 4 teams) version, and £200 for a (unlimited) league version.
Understood all of that up to Joomla. :lol:

Would be interesting, I do keep meaning to test out the LINQ module of my C# framework... Of course I don't want money :lol: Just experience really
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Joomla uses MySQLi or MySQL.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Virt

Post by Virt »

Oh okay, I was gonna google it in a few minutes. I assumed it was some sort of Cricket standards or something.. Sounds fair enough, I have a copy of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 on my laptop at home so that would be easier to use as the LINQ would function correctly with the VS 2013/.NET 4.5 as they're both microsoft products...

On the other hand this is microsoft and they've never exactly followed logic beforehand, so why would they start now? :lol:

Sounds interesting though. Just a shame I know nout about cricket, and it would be best provided as SaaS which is another field I'm not all too familiar with.. Wonder if ASP.NET would allow it :think:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Virt

Post by Virt »

I'll download it when I get home on my personal laptop and have a looksie, just reading through documentation now. Not sticking it on my work laptop as it could cause trouble..
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

can you make me an app that combines all the different fast food outlet locations. so at a moments notice i can find the nearest one, it'll be the must have app for fat people like myself....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh and it must be able to work on my nokia 6230.... :wink:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now where the local Pineapple hut. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
john cresser

Post by john cresser »

yes you can write me out the full instructions on how to get my bike picture loaded on to here I haven't managed so far, cheers john c. :confused :confused
Virt

Post by Virt »

john cresser wrote:yes you can write me out the full instructions on how to get my bike picture loaded on to here I haven't managed so far, cheers john c. :confused :confused
http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8866
:thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Or http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 18&t=27367

You could sort Paypal out for me Virt. I keep getting a javascript error pop up after logging in. I click OK in the pop up and it reapers. This is a continuous cycle and to get out of it and log into my account I have to go back to the index page by clicking Paypal in the bookmarks again. It then goes straight to my account. It's very frustrating. I must try loggin in with another browser to see if it's a Firfox or extension issue or not. :think:

==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:Or http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 18&t=27367

You could sort Paypal out for me Virt. I keep getting a javascript error pop up after logging in. I click OK in the pop up and it reapers. This is a continuous cycle and to get out of it and log into my account I have to go back to the index page by clicking Paypal in the bookmarks again. It then goes straight to my account. It's very frustrating. I must try loggin in with another browser to see if it's a Firfox or extension issue or not. :think:

Sounds like an error with an extension, what extensions are you running? I use firefox on the macbook and I get no javascript errors...