"CRITICAL ERROR"

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

"CRITICAL ERROR"

Post by Pete.L »

Can anyone tell me what may be the cause of this;
Quite often when changing from one topic to another or trying to change pages or post replys the screen goes white and all that is written is

phpBB:Critcal Error
"could not connect to the database."

This is getting more and more regular in the last week and really getting on my tits. Eventualy if I hit "refresh" enough times the screens come back. Is this a local problem to me or are others experiancing it too?

Pete.l
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Pete,

I keep getting it too, thought it may be a problem on the server at work but can't be if others are getting the some problem.

I have no idea what it's about maybe someone else can shed some light on it?????

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Hi Ian,
Just spent about 45 minutes trying to reply.
Looks like things are goin down hill. Also fogot to mention "WWW.paypal.com"(no link intensional)Keep coming up in my blocked cookies list.Is this anything to worry about?
Pete.l
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

"Also fogot to mention "WWW.paypal.com"(no link intensional)Keep coming up in my blocked cookies list.Is this anything to worry about? "

Whoosh was the sound as that went whistling over my head 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Errrrr over to someone else for an explaination.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

hah! I,m back in again :lol:
:D Hey I,m just winging it here :D
someone was daft enough to give me a little knowledge and I've be living in a world of computer confusion ever since.

Pete.l