HELP PLEASE

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
sirch345
Site Admin

HELP PLEASE

Post by sirch345 »

Can anybody please explain why, when looking at certain posts on this site, some of the pages appear to go into a wide format automatically,so if I try to print some useful information off, part of the page (on right hand side) is missing? is there a way I can return the page size to normal, any help very much appreciated, as you've probably guessed i'am no computer expert!
cheers Chris.
Chipset

Re: Help

Post by Chipset »

Hai Chris

Regarding your problem, before you print I suggest you try to Print Preview first because it will show you how the page will print out.

If you still have any problem, mail me and I will give you a short guide.

Cheers
Chips
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Chipset,
Thankyou for your reply, but I have actually worked that one out now using the print preview.
When you are viewing different posts on this site do you find some of them appear in a wide format ( where I have to move the page over to read it all ) or is it just me,
Thanks Chris.
Chipset

Help

Post by Chipset »

Hai Chris

I need you to check few things here.

1. Check you display settings because if your display is lower resolution,try to put a higher resolution and see the difference. You can find the setting for this where u can choose the screen savers.

2. Make sure you have the right display drivers.

3. Once you are in Internet Explorer, at the top you will see options like File,Edit,View Favourite,Tools and Help. Click on View and check the Text Size and Encording (Windows)

You try this and see if it is working.Btw what version of browser you are using?

Chips
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Chips,
Thanks for your reply, have been very busy at the moment (not much time for the computer) i checked the settings for the text size which is on medium and encoding is on western european which i presume to be correct. If I go onto "workshop" on this site then look at "bar risers" by "tony, wild 1" this goes into wide format it only happens on a very few topics but I just wondered why, you have a look and see if it does the same for you. I am using Opera version 8 beta for my browser.
I will check the other settings you suggested soon,
Thanks once again
Chris.